Latham & Watkins has established a leading financial regulatory practice in London. Led by a number of the City’s most distinguished practitioners, the diverse and commercially astute team advises a broad array of prominent institutions, including banks, asset managers, infrastructure providers, and FinTech firms.
Our practice covers the full spectrum of regulatory services, including:
- Authorisations and changes to regulatory permissions
- Compliance and conduct of business issues
- Business expansion and new product offerings
- Transactions involving financial services firms
- Advice on securities and marketing regimes
- Payment services, e-money, and FinTech
- Financial crime and anti-money laundering
- Regulatory investigations
- Following key UK, EU, and international regulatory reform and analysing the impact, including participating in key industry workstreams
As part of Latham’s global Financial Institutions Industry Group and Financial Regulatory Practice, we frequently work alongside colleagues across the firm and offer a truly global service, often advising on complex cross-border matters.
These pages provide more information about the practice along with a variety of financial regulatory-related publications — including Latham thought leadership pieces and guides, as well as resources on a selection of current regulatory hot topics to help financial institutions and other market participants navigate the latest reforms.
Read more about the practice here.