Latham can handle every facet of an environmental dispute. The firm’s litigators, who are in the trenches defending their clients' practices, are often in a unique position to offer their insights and perspective on strategic and preventative counseling. Latham also is adept at assembling top industry legal practitioners and consultants.
The firm has also negotiated disputes through alternate dispute resolution and innovative settlements. Its team of more than 50 lawyers regularly tries cases throughout the United States. With a firmwide emphasis on teamwork, Latham regularly creates and effectively manages multi-office teams to address claims sometimes involving hundreds of plaintiffs.
Latham has specific litigation experience in matters involving:
- Accident and disaster litigation
- Crisis management
- Internal investigations
- Medical and scientific causation
- Multi-district litigation
- National trial work
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and land use issues
- Criminal and civil enforcement actions
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Superfund and other environmental clean-up liabilities
- Clean Water Act, wetlands and Endangered Species Act (ESA) issues