Beyond a check-the-box exercise
Increasingly, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues are becoming core business priorities for companies, their boards, and investors. The Latham ESG team combines cross-sector legal and commercial acumen to help clients drive value through their ESG strategies, while carefully addressing and mitigating risk.
Our cross-disciplinary approach draws on Latham’s experienced team of regulatory, transactional, and litigation practitioners to provide a comprehensive offering that helps clients align with the many facets of ESG, including responsible investment, sustainability, and corporate integrity issues.
Given the complexity of ESG issues and opportunities, Latham utilizes a number of machine-learning resources to offer cutting-edge, innovative solutions that help companies map their risk profile and identify specific areas of focus. This data complements our extensive experience working with NGOs, government officials, investors, and companies around the globe, resulting in market-leading ESG advice and counsel.
Helping clients make smart decisions about ESG
Latham can quickly mobilize teams across jurisdictions to navigate:
- Board counselling, including activist response and strategy
- Corporate strategic risk assessments
- Corporate integrity and compliance
- Defense of mass torts and securities claims
- Employment guidance
- Environmental regulatory compliance
- GHG accounting and carbon neutrality
- Global investigations
- Human rights compliance
- Investment portfolio risk assessments and responsible investment
- Power purchase agreements
- Public company reporting
- Renewable energy projects
- Supply chain management and circular economy strategies
- Sustainable and green finance
- Tax credits for sustainable investments