Aster Lin is an associate in the Hong Kong office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Data & Technology Transactions Practice.
Ms. Lin focuses on a variety of corporate matters, including cross-border commercial, technology, media, and data privacy matters.
Ms. Lin has expertise advising clients from various sectors, with a focus on the technology, gaming, internet, cloud, logistics, and entertainment industries.
Ms. Lin's representative experience includes advising:
- A leading China-based technology and internet group on global data privacy compliance for cross-border products, including products across the social media, gaming, cloud, and television space, with a focus on data privacy compliance relating to the GDPR as well as across Asia
- A leading China-based internet technology company on data privacy compliance, with a focus on US and SEA data privacy laws
- A leading China-based logistics solutions provider on the development and implementation of its global data protection compliance programme, with a focus on SEA data privacy laws
- A global technology company on regulatory compliance for various cross-border product offerings
- A variety of private equity clients on data privacy and intellectual property issues arising in the context of private equity and merger and acquisition transactions