Firm continues to be at the forefront of developing market for green bonds.
Roberto L. Reyes Gaskin advises issuers, underwriters, family offices, investors, and alternative capital in a range of debt and equity capital markets and leveraged finance transactions, as well as in public company representation and environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters.
Dual-qualified in the US and France, Mr. Reyes Gaskin regularly handles complex and precedent-setting transactions both in France and internationally. A former member of the firm’s Milan office, he brings particular experience in capital-raising matters on both sides of the Atlantic involving French, Italian, and other non-US issuers.
Mr. Reyes Gaskin covers a number of key industries, including:
- Retail and consumer products
- Energy and infrastructure
- Media and entertainment
His practice includes:
- Debt capital markets transactions, including high yield, investment grade, and equity-linked debt
- Equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, PIPEs, and rights issues
- Liability management, including tender offers, exchange offers, and consent solicitations
- Direct lending and private capital
- Bank finance, including term loan Bs, revolving credit facilities, and commitment papers
- Mergers and acquisitions with a capital markets element
- Green bonds and sustainable finance
- Compliance with US and EU securities laws and ESG best practices
Mr. Reyes Gaskin frequently tackles clients’ most intricate and business-critical challenges. His work includes a number of first-ever high yield bond offerings in various jurisdictions, as well as an array of matters involving innovative and bespoke securities products. Drawing on his sophisticated transactional and regulatory knowledge, Mr. Reyes Gaskin also serves leading companies in connection with a range of ESG issues, including sustainable finance matters.
Additionally, Mr. Reyes Gaskin counsels banks, insurers, debt servicers, payment institutions, and investors on financial regulatory matters, including regulatory and ordinary capital offerings. His work includes capital relief trades, Additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital raising, and regulatory capital matters before the Eurosystem and Single Resolution Board.
Mr. Reyes Gaskin is an active participant with the Association for Financial Markets in Europe and the International Capital Markets Association.
Recognized as a Next Generation Partner and described as: "exceptionally smart, thorough and he was completely committed to achieving our success. He demonstrated deep knowledge of the product class and was as thorough in his analysis of our documents as he was impressive in leading negotiations."
The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
“Roberto Reyes Gaskin is efficient and diligent, always to the point. He has a good grasp of the big picture as well as focus on all the details. Most importantly, he is knowledgeable and abreast with the latest legal conditions in the capital market, at the same time willing to think out of the box.”
The Legal 500 EMEA 2021