Helping Clients Navigate the Digital Health Landscape
Latham lawyers provide full-service counsel to all of the key players in the digital health industry, including large healthcare providers, technology startups, established companies expanding into digital health, and investors and other parties involved in supporting the market and its growth. The team draws on the firm’s long-established healthcare, life sciences, and technology industry knowledge to address legal and regulatory developments, trends in evolving markets, and cutting-edge advances in technology.
Latham regularly advises clients at all stages of the business lifecycle to address the risks and opportunities of a range of complex challenges, including:
- Communications regulatory issues
- Corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, licensing deals, joint ventures, and securities offerings
- Fair information practices
- Fraud and abuse
- Regulatory compliance, including:
- Healthcare regulatory issues, such as early-stage reimbursement strategy planning and coverage, coding, and payment analysis and advocacy
- US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory issues, such as product development, launch and marketing, as well as interaction
with government regulating agencies
- Information security and privacy, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act of 2009 (HITECH), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) guidance, and state healthcare privacy and data security laws
- Intellectual property, including patent, trademark, trade secrets, unfair competition, and copyright disputes
- Litigation and enforcement matters
- Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement
- Product development strategies
- Product liability and consumer protection mitigation strategies
Leveraging Experience at the Forefront of Innovation
Latham has been at the leading edge of digital health law since the inception of the field more than 30 years ago. Today, the firm’s Digital Health Practice combines the broad capabilities of a global platform with the nuanced industry knowledge of a boutique firm to help clients address a full array of business and legal challenges — wherever in the world they may arise.
The team features practitioners from across Latham’s top-ranking Life Sciences, FDA & Healthcare Regulatory, Data Privacy & Security, Intellectual Property Litigation, Life Sciences Licensing, and Technology Transactions groups. The team also includes former general counsel at major technology companies and former senior officials at key federal agencies that regulate the healthcare and life sciences industries. Collectively, the team delivers advice drawn from relevant practical experience and an insider’s understanding of the drivers of long-term success in the industry.