Dr. Rainer Traugott is a partner in the Munich office of Latham & Watkins and practices in the firm's Corporate Department. Mr. Traugott has more than 20 years of experience in M&A, private equity, corporate law, and corporate restructurings.
In JUVE 2018/2019 and The Legal 500 EMEA 2018 Mr.Traugott is listed as a leading name for M&A as well as a leading name for Private Equity. Handelsblatt Best Lawyers 2018 lists him among the best lawyers for Corporate Law, M&A, and Private Equity in Germany. He is ranked in Band 1 for Private Equity in Chambers Europe Germany 2016. Rainer Traugott is “focused” and “pragmatic,” and “gets to the point” (The Legal 500 EMEA 2016). In February 2017, Mr. Traugott was named by The American Lawyer among its Lateral All-Stars of 2016, which highlighted the most notable and intriguing moves by attorneys to new law firms during the past year.
Mr. Traugott’s recent representative experience includes advising:
- BayWa AG on the acquisition of the Dutch grains trader Cefetra B.V*
- B/E Aerospace, Inc. on the spin-off of its consumables management segment businesses to KLX Inc. and certain legal aspects of the internal corporate restructuring related to it*
- HgCapital on the acquisition and sale of SimonsVoss to Allegion*
- IK Investment Partners on the sale of Minimax Viking Group to Kirkbi A/S and Intermediate Capital Group for an estimated consideration of €1.4 billion as well as on the tertiary buyout of Transnorm Group from Equitaon* and the acquisition of Granite Holding GmbH (SCHOCK) from HQ Equita
- OSRAM Licht AG on the legal spin-off of its lighting business into an independent legal structure* as well as on the sale of its lighting business Ledvance to a Chinese consortium, comprising the strategic investor IDG Capital Partners, MLS CO., Ltd., a producer of LED applications, and the financial investor Yiwu State-Owned Assets Operation Center
- ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG on the secondary buyout of ProSiebenSat.1 Media AG of KKR and Permira for €5.6 billion.*
- Siemens AG on the IPO of its healthcare business Healthineers, the €15 billion merger of its mobility business with Alstom, its US$4.5 billion acquisition of Mentor Graphics (Mentor), its €14.6 billion bid for Alstom’s energy business,* and on its joint venture of Primetals Technologies Ltd. with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries in the field of metallurgical industry*
- Triton on the sale of Aventics Group to Emerson Electric Co. as well as on the sale of COMPO CONSUMER to Kingenta, and on the acquisition and sale of Wittur Group to Bain Capital*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham