Quentin Gwyer is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the Real Estate Practice. Mr. Gwyer has extensive experience advising on real estate finance in the UK and across Europe and on real estate matters in the UK.
Mr. Gwyer has experience advising on:
- Real estate finance transactions – both UK and pan-European – and in respect of a wide variety of real estate asset classes
- Real estate debt-on-debt transactions in multiple European jurisdictions
- Intercreditor arrangements (both mezzanine and A/B)
- Restructuring of distressed real estate loans
- The syndication and distribution of real estate debt including sale and purchase of debt, tranching and multi-jurisdictional sub-participations
- Acquisitions and disposals of real estate backed loan portfolios
- Real estate sale and leaseback transactions
- Acquisitions and disposals of commercial real estate
He has also advised on the workout of distressed debt across Europe and general finance and real estate matters, including landlord and tenant matters. Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Gwyer was executive counsel at GE Capital Real Estate and also worked in the London office of an international law firm based in New York.
Mr. Gwyer’s experience includes advising:
- Ashkenazy Acquisition Corporation on its acquisition, refinancing, and disposal of the Grosvenor House Hotel, London
- Digital Realty on its US$8.4 billion combination with Interxion
- A leading global investment firm on a €100 million sale and leaseback transaction and associated financing transactions
- Cohen Media Group on its acquisition of Curzon Cinemas
- Onex Corporation on its acquisition of the venue operator SMG Holdings, Inc.
- Energy Capital Partners on its acquisition and refinancing of three power plants from ENGIE/Mitsui & Co.
- A US listed company on its joint venture with an English property company and asset manager, established as a Guernsey LP with a pan-European property acquisition target of US$1 billion
- A European bank in relation to the €180 million financing of the acquisition by a leading private equity property fund of a €291 million loan portfolio secured against a mixed portfolio of hotel, retail, office, residential, and development properties located across Europe
- A European bank on a debt-on-debt facility to finance the refinancing of a loan secured against a retail park in Ireland
- GE Capital Real Estate on the sale of its debt and equity assets in the UK, as part of the US$25 billion sale of its real estate portfolio*
- GE Capital Real Estate on the acquisition of a portfolio of performing commercial property loans valued at £1.4 billion from Deutsche Postbank*
- GE Capital Real Estate in connection with its participation in a £430 million senior financing of LRG’s Holiday Inn portfolio*
- GE Capital Real Estate on its US$1.1 billion debt-on-debt financing to a major investor to finance its acquisition of a portfolio of loans secured by collateral across Europe*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham