Jonathan Parker is a partner in the Antitrust & Competition Practice in Latham & Watkins’ London office focusing on European and UK competition law.
Mr. Parker advises clients on a wide range of competition issues, including mergers and acquisitions, market studies, cartels/restrictive agreements, and abuse of dominance cases before the European Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), as well as in relation to appeals to the UK Competition Appeal Tribunal and the EU General Court.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, Mr. Parker worked as Director of Mergers at the CMA.
Mr. Parker is the author of UK Merger Control published by Hart Publishing (2nd edition released in 2016), which has been described in reviews as “an invaluable practical guide for practitioners” and as “the epitome of analysis of UK merger control."
Recent matters include:
- Advising Electro Rent Corporation in relation to the UK merger filing for its acquisition of Microlease Inc and the subsequent appeal to the Competition Appeal Tribunal
- Advising Hytera Communications Corporation in relation to the Secretary of State’s public interest intervention in relation to its acquisition of Sepura plc
- Advising the sellers on the disposal of Method and Ecover global consumer products businesses to US private company SC Johnson
- Advising Onex Corporation in relation to the EU merger filing for its acquisition of Parkdean Resorts
- Advising two private equity houses in relation to the EU merger filings for their joint acquisition of three insurance companies
- Advising GTCR in relation to the UK merger filing for its acquisition of PR Newswire
- Advising a global pharmaceutical company in relation to the CMA’s Competition Act investigation into alleged excessive pricing of hydrocortisone tablets
- Advising a party in relation to the CMA’s civil and criminal investigation into suspect cartel arrangements in the supply of products to the construction industry
- Advising an international airline on a global airline joint venture in the EU and UK
Mr. Parker has written/spoken extensively on UK and EU competition law issues, including:
- UK Merger Control, Hart Publishing, second edition, June 2016
- Advanced EU Competition Law, IBC Conference, 2017
- St Gallen International Competition Law Forum, 2017
- Advanced EU Competition Law, IBC Conference, 2016
- International In-House Counsel Journal Competition Law Conference, 2015
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law, Merger Control Conference, April 2015