Jason H. Silvera is a partner in the Los Angeles office and Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins' Corporate Department.
Mr. Silvera’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions for private equity firms and public and private companies in a broad range of industries, including retail, sports, entertainment and media, internet and technology, real estate, defense, logistics, and manufacturing. Mr. Silvera is the former Chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Mr. Silvera's recent private equity experience, includes representing:
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisitions of, or investments in, J. Crew Group Inc., Jo-Ann Stores, Troon Golf, CharterNEX Films, IMS Health, Scitor Corporation, CharterNEX, Caliber Collision, Signet, Brickman Group, and Lucky Brand Dungarees and the dispositions of David’s Bridal, Brickman Group, and Scitor Corporation
- Platinum Equity in its acquisitions of Americatel Corporation, US Robotics Corporation, and Geologic Solutions
- Transom Capital in its acquisitions of Loud Technologies and A.T. Cross Company
- Peninsula Pacific in its acquisition of Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping
- CapitalSpring in its acquisitions of Buddy’s Pizza and Catalina Restaurant Group
- Rizvi Traverse Management, LLC in its acquisition of RealD Inc., a licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional) technologies
- Weld North Education LLC in its acquisitions of several portfolio companies and its disposition of a majority stake to Silver Lake Partners
- Tenaska Power Fund LP in the sale of InfrastruX Group, Inc. to Willbros Group, Inc.
- The Yucaipa Companies in the sale of TDS Logistics, Inc.
- Norwest Equity Partners in the sales of CVI Melles Griot to IDEX Corporation and Carson Industries LLC to Oldcastle Precast
Mr. Silvera’s recent experience advising public and private companies, includes representing:
- Avery Dennison Corp. in the sale of its consumer and office product business to CCL Industries
- Expedia, Inc. in its acquisitions of Travelocity.com, SilverRail, and AutoEscape Group
- Match Group in its disposition of the Princeton Review
- California Pizza Kitchen in the sale of the company to Golden Gate Capital
- FTD Group, Inc. in the sale of the company to United Online Inc.
- Crown Investment Holdings, a subsidiary of Crown Resorts Limited, in its acquisition of a minority stake in Nobu Restaurants and Hospitality
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios in its acquisition of the outstanding equity interests of United Artists Media Group, a film and television entertainment company, from Hearst Productions and Mark Burnett
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios in acquisition of 100% interest in EPIX from Lionsgate, Viacom, and Paramount
- Participant Media in its joint venture with DreamWorks Studios, Steven Spielberg, Reliance Entertainment, and Entertainment One to form Amblin Partners, a new film, television, and digital content creation company
- Easton Sports, Inc., in the sale of the company to Riddell Bell Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Fenway Partners Inc.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment in its acquisition of Grouper Networks
- Foster Farms, Inc. in its acquisitions of a chicken complex in Farmerville, Louisiana from Pilgrim’s Pride, via a bankruptcy auction, and a frozen food business from ConAgra Foods Inc., a branded foods company