Jason H. Silvera is a partner in the Los Angeles office and Vice Chair of Latham & Watkins' Corporate Department.
Mr. Silvera advises private equity firms and public and private companies on mergers and acquisitions in a broad range of industries, including retail, sports, entertainment and media, internet and technology, real estate, defense, logistics, and manufacturing. Mr. Silvera is the former Chair of the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
In 2021, Mr. Silvera was named a M&A Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group based on a survey of US corporate counsel and executives.
Mr. Silvera's recent private equity experience includes representing:
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisitions of, or investments in, ECI Software, J. Crew Group Inc., Jo-Ann Stores, Troon Golf, Veritext, Milan Laser, CharterNEX Films, IMS Health, Scitor Corporation, Savers, CharterNEX, Caliber Collision, Wrench Group,
Pye-Barker, Signet, Brickman Group, and Lucky Brand Dungarees and the dispositions of David’s Bridal, Brickman Group, Savers, and Scitor Corporation
- Marlin Equity in its acquisitions of HotSchedules, Fourth, Lifesize, and ProcessUnity, and its disposition of Bazaarvoice
- Lineage Logistics in its acquisition of Preferred Freezer Services and Emergent Cold
- Sun Capital Partners in the acquisition by its affiliate of National Tree Company
- Platinum Equity in its acquisitions of Americatel Corporation, US Robotics Corporation, and Geologic Solutions
- Transom Capital in its acquisitions of Loud Technologies, A.T. Cross Company, and Pelco
- Peninsula Pacific in its acquisition and disposition of Brundage-Bone Concrete Pumping
- CapitalSpring in its acquisitions of Buddy’s Pizza and Catalina Restaurant Group
- Rizvi Traverse Management, LLC in its acquisition of RealD Inc., a licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional) technologies
- Weld North Education LLC in its acquisitions of several portfolio companies and its disposition of a majority stake to Silver Lake Partners
- The Yucaipa Companies in the sale of TDS Logistics, Inc.
Mr. Silvera’s recent experience representing public and private companies includes representing:
- Ancestry.com in the sale of the company to Blackstone
- Avery Dennison Corp. in the sale of its consumer and office product business to CCL Industries
- Expedia, Inc. in its acquisitions of Travelocity.com, SilverRail, and AutoEscape Group
and its pending disposition of Egencia
- Match Group in its disposition of the Princeton Review and numerous acquisitions
- California Pizza Kitchen in the sale of the company to Golden Gate Capital
- FTD Group, Inc. in the sale of the company to United Online Inc.
- Crown Investment Holdings, a subsidiary of Crown Resorts Limited, in its acquisition of a minority stake in Nobu Restaurants and Hospitality
- Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios in the pending sale of the company and its acquisitions of EPIX from Lionsgate, Viacom and Paramount and the outstanding equity interests of United Artists Media Group, a film and television entertainment
company, from Hearst Productions and Mark Burnett
- Participant Media in its joint venture with DreamWorks Studios, Steven Spielberg, Reliance Entertainment, and Entertainment One to form Amblin Partners, a new film, television, and digital content creation company
- Easton Sports, Inc., in the sale of the company to Riddell Bell Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Fenway Partners Inc.