Since opening in 1997, lawyers in Latham & Watkins’ Silicon Valley office have provided the region’s businesses with sophisticated legal services by drawing on Latham’s deep strength and internationally recognized expertise.
Today, the Silicon Valley office is one of the largest in the area and one of the few firms in Silicon Valley regularly advising companies in all stages of growth across the myriad business and legal issues that they face every day, from startup formation and capital raising to complex cross-border merger and acquisitions, technology transactions, and high-stakes litigation for multinational corporations.
A Market-Leading Combination of Transactional and Trial Expertise
The lawyers in Latham's Silicon Valley office provide day-to-day corporate and strategic advice to companies at all stages of growth.
Trial lawyers in the Silicon Valley office handle a variety of civil business disputes at both the federal and state level, with a focus on intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, and securities litigation. These lawyers provide in-depth counseling and extensive experience in litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and internal investigations to plaintiffs and defendants, focusing on high-stakes disputes and cutting-edge legal issues.
The Silicon Valley office’s clients come from a variety of different industries, from biotechnology, broadband, and social networking, to software and wireless and mobile. Other key industries include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham’s Silicon Valley lawyers have received several high-profile awards, including:
- “Six Partners Honored as 2018 Rising Stars” by Law360 in 2018
- “Latham Named Technology Group of the Year” by Law360 in 2018
- “Two Bay Area Partners Honored as Top Women Lawyers” by the Daily Journal in 2018
- “Latham Named a Private Equity Practice Group of the Year” by Law360 in 2018
- “Latham Honored as Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year” by Law360 in 2018
- “Corporate Team Again Earns Top Honors in California” by The Recorder in 2017
- “Firm Honored Among California’s 2017 Litigation Departments of the Year” by The Recorder in 2017
- “Three Partners Named Top IP Lawyers in California” by The Daily Journal in 2017
- “Corporate Partners Receive Emerging Leaders Award” by The M&A Advisor in 2017