December 16, 2020
Washingtonian, the Washington, D.C.-area magazine, has named six Latham partners to its Top Lawyers list. Every other year, Washingtonian endeavors to “compile a list of the best legal talent in Washington – not an easy feat in a city with more attorneys than some entire countries.” The Latham lawyers honorees include:
Criminal Defense, White Collar:
- Alice Fisher, partner in the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice and a former member of the firm’s Executive Committee, is recognized as one of the best white collar lawyers in the country. She focuses her practice on white collar criminal investigations and internal investigations, and advises clients on a range of criminal matters and civil government enforcement matters.
- Gregory Garre is Global Chair of the firm’s Supreme Court & Appellate Practice and is widely considered one of the nation’s top appellate advocates. He handles a broad array of complex litigation matters at all levels of the federal and state court systems and counsels clients on constitutional, statutory, regulatory, and other legal matters.
- Melissa Arbus Sherry is a partner in the Supreme Court & Appellate Practice and former Deputy Managing Partner of the Washington, D.C. office, who focuses primarily on appeals in the Supreme Court of the United States, the United States Courts of Appeals, and state appellate courts. She has argued 10 cases in the Supreme Court and multiple cases in appellate courts across the country.
- Nicholas J. DeNovio, former Global Chair of Latham’s International Tax Practice, is a partner and member of the firm’s Audit Committee. Throughout his career, DeNovio has represented large US and non-US-based multinational corporations on complex cross-border transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, financings, and group structuring.
- Miriam Fisher is Global Chair of the firm’s Tax Controversy Practice and a recognized leader in the field of tax controversy and litigation. She successfully represents domestic and multi-national businesses, non-profits, and high global wealth individuals in disputes involving a wide variety of sophisticated tax matters.
- Jean Pawlow is a partner in the firm’s Tax Controversy Practice who draws on over three decades of experience to effectively represent companies and individuals on high-profile tax controversy matters. She is recognized for being a strong litigator in matters of federal, state, and local tax controversies.