Deep Industry Expertise
During recent years, the entertainment, sports, and media industries have continued dramatically to evolve, overlapping with each other more and more, and increasingly focusing on technology and complex global transactions. Reflecting this changing landscape, Latham’s entertainment, sports, and media lawyers provide sophisticated counsel to industry clients — including motion picture studios, production companies, sports teams and leagues, venues, events, marketers, broadcasters, and industry associations — on the following:
- Acquisitions, investments, dispositions, joint ventures and mergers related to international entertainment and media companies, as well as sports teams and leagues
- Complex digital media and technology agreements
- Content licensing, production, acquisition, and distribution deals
- Disputes, claims, and government actions related to parties ranging from individual talent to multi-national companies
- Negotiations with and on behalf of sports teams, leagues, and international sporting events
- Multi-party real estate, project siting, and finance matters
- Television, radio, and new media transactions
Latham provides clients a combination of specific client focus and substantive industry expertise to help them achieve strategic, long-term success.
Latham’s representative clients range from major US motion picture studios and media companies, to international independent producers and distributors of television and film content, digital media, music, sports entities, as well as hedge funds, private equity firms, investment banks, and other financial institutions.