Partner Matthew Dewitz honored for advising on tax aspects of sophisticated M&A and capital markets transactions.
Transactional tax lawyers at Latham work as an integral part of our deal and client teams.
We leverage our experience structuring and negotiating a vast volume of transactions to meet clients’ business objectives in a tax-efficient manner. And because our team understands the nuances of how tax issues impact every facet of a deal, we can provide creative, workable, commercial-oriented solutions.
We advise clients on the tax aspects of a full range of matters, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions (taxable and tax-free)
- Cross-border transactions and international tax planning
- Private equity transactions
- Joint ventures and partnerships
- Bankruptcy and insolvency workouts and other capital restructurings
- Strategic restructurings
- Capital markets transactions
- Investment fund formation and structuring
- Renewable energy tax credits
- Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- SPACs, IPOs, and de-SPAC transactions
- Securitizations and financial products
- Tax-free spinoffs, split-offs, and split-ups
- Master limited partnerships (MLPs)