Washington, D.C. counsel honored for successfully navigating clients through cutting edge issues and defending multibillion-dollar government contracts.
Latham represents government contractors worldwide in complex, high-stakes litigation by and against the United States government, among competing prime contractors, and between contractors and subcontractors.
For more than four decades, we have litigated and navigated virtually every type of government contract dispute, representing defense, healthcare, technology, and telecommunications companies doing business with the government. We bring deep insight and deliver practical advice, counsel, and representation to government contractors and bidders across the full spectrum of matters, including:
- Claims by and against the US government
- False Claims Act litigation and investigations, including qui tam actions
- Criminal investigations and civil fraud cases arising out of government contracts
- Major bid protests at the US Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Court of Federal Claims
- Suspension and debarment issues at both the federal and state levels
- Due diligence, and handling regulatory issues, including financings arising in corporate transactions involving government contractors
- Regulatory advising, including mandatory disclosure obligations and Buy America / Trade Agreements Act requirements
- Disputes and other issues related to contract performance
- Formulating, implementing, and auditing corporate compliance programs
- Procurement laws and procedures arising from national security and homeland defense initiatives
- Protection of proprietary technical data
- Compliance with export controls, use of foreign selling agents, and with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)