Our Culture of Well-Being
Our firm leadership has long recognized that investing in the well-being of our people is the right thing to do, and is among our highest priorities. Since 2009, we have empowered our colleagues, as well as their families and household members, to engage in their well-being and take charge of their health through our “LiveWell Latham” platform and other global initiatives.
Over the years, the firm has developed partnerships with a select group of industry experts and renowned physicians in an effort to provide high-quality programming and resources tailored to the needs of our lawyers and business professionals. We take a holistic approach to well-being, from mental health to physical health, ergonomics to financial well-being, cancer care to family planning resources, as well as many other areas including caregiving support and mindfulness/meditation tools. Some of our most unique resources include:
- A customized and confidential 24/7 counseling and coaching service
- Stress management and resilience training by a beloved physician from a world-renown medical institution
- A long-standing annual physical activity competition, in which our offices around the globe “battle it out” through fitness and movement to claim our coveted “Bronze Sneaker” trophy
- On-site health centers in our Los Angeles and New York offices, staffed with nurse practitioners, physical therapists, and mental health counselors
- Ergonomics support from over 120 trained in-house ergonomics specialists, who help customize work stations, both in the office and at home, for comfort and safety
Well-being is an integral part of our culture across the firm. Given the many challenges of the modern world, we have developed a strong and increasing focus on mental health literacy and self-care, with our LiveWell Latham platform supporting trainings at all levels focused on empathy, supporting one another, and encouragement toward self-care. We know that taking care of ourselves allows us to take better care of our clients, our colleagues, our families, and our communities, and we continue to develop and expand our efforts in support of this.