Tom D. Evans is an M&A lawyer with over a decade and a half of experience advising funds and other financial investors on complex cross border mergers and acquisitions and corporate financing arrangements, including public and private acquisitions, carve-outs, take privates, consortium arrangements, minority investments, and disposals.
Mr. Evans is a thought leader in the private equity industry. He co-edits PE Views, the Latham & Watkins quarterly publication addressing significant legal, regulatory, and market developments relevant to the private equity industry in Europe, co-edits Latham & Watkins’ annual European private equity M&A market study, and has published chapters in Private Equity: A Transactional Analysis, Global Investment Funds: A Practical Guide to Structuring, Raising and Managing Funds, and in Private Equity Exits: A Practical Analysis.
Clients say, "Tom is a super lawyer with sound commercial judgement and pragmatism." "He is very direct and a problem solver." Chambers UK 2021.
Mr. Evans' experience includes advising:
- On the acquisition with Cinven of LGC, a global leader in the life sciences tools sector
- On the acquisition and disposal of Audiotonix, a global market leader in the design, engineering, and manufacture of professional audio mixing consoles
- On acquisitions by its leading multi-jurisdictional corporate services provider, IQ-EQ, including of First Names Group, Lawson Connor, and Augentius
Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- On the acquisition of an approximate 48% stake in GlobalLogic Inc., a global leader in digital product development services
- On its investment in Princess Yachts International, one of the World’s top designers and manufacturers of super yachts
- On its investment in Pepe Jeans, a leading player in denim and sportswear
- On its combination with L Capital and L Real Estate, the private equity operations of LVMH and Groupe Arnault, to form L Catterton
- On the acquisition of Mirion Technologies, Inc., a global provider of radiation detection, measurement, analysis, and monitoring products and services
- On the disposal of Youngs Seafood, a leading UK chilled and frozen food supplier
- On the £500 million sale of its continental European chilled and frozen food business
- On the up to €3.75 billion acquisition of SIG Combibloc Group AG, a global packaging business
- On its investment in New Immo Group, a leader in digital real estate in France, through the SAFTI and megAgence brands
- On the acquisition of Quotient Sciences, a provider of CDMO and CRO services to pharma and biotech companies, and its acquisition of Arcinova, the UK based multiservice CDMO provider
- On the acquisition of the Corin Group, an international orthopaedic implant business, and its acquisition of Global Orthopaedic Technlogy, a leading Australian orthopaedic implant designer and manufacturer
- On the acquisition of I-MED Radiology Network, a diagnostic imaging provider
- On the acquisition of Biscuit International, a leading European manufacturer of private label sweet biscuits
- On the acquisition of Iberconsa, a global provider of frozen seafood
- On the disposal of Exterion Media, a leading European out-of-home media business
- On the US$1.3 billion acquisition of Wyndham Worldwide’s European vacation rental business