Dr. Tobias Leder is a partner in the Munich office, providing German and international companies with labor and employment law advice. He focuses his practice on restructurings, reorganizations, as well as on relationships with works councils and trade unions. In addition, he regularly represents companies in litigation before labor and civil courts in Germany.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, he worked at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg (Lehrstuhl für Arbeits- und Sozialrecht) and at the University of Bonn (Institut für Arbeitsrecht und Recht der Sozialen Sicherheit) for several years.
Mr. Leder is a certified employment lawyer (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht) and a member of the German Bar Association (DAV).
In addition to his legal practice, he is a regular author of articles on German, European, and international labor and employment law.
Mr. Leder's experience includes advising:
- Gerflor on the acquisition of the Linoleum activities from DLW
- Merck KGaA on a global restructuring project, including the central coordination for the main jurisdictions involved, including the EU, US, and Japan, in particular with respect to the structuring of the project, the global consultation process towards the European works council and the local implementation of the project
- Novartis Group on a wide variety of employment law and co-determination matters, in particular in connection with restructuring measures (including closure of sites, downsizing of sales force, spin-offs) and the sale of business divisions
- Nycomed on the acquisition of Altana Pharma AG and the subsequent restructuring measures
- Sandoz Industrial Products on employment law matters in connection with the restructuring of several sites
- Siemens AG on pensions in connection with the combination of Siemens' mobility business, including its rail traction drives business, with Alstom
- Swiss Re Group on general labor law issues, including the integration of former GE Frankona Rückversicherungs-AG into Swiss Re Group and respective restructuring measures