Timothy Hia is the Local Chair of the firm's Finance Department in Singapore. He advises clients on a variety of transactional matters including bank and acquisition financings, corporate securities and capital markets offerings, and project development and finance transactions. Mr. Hia has broad experience acting for major corporate borrowers, private equity investors, underwriters, and financial advisors on various transactions across Southeast Asia, including in Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand.
Mr. Hia is recognized as a leading lawyer for banking and finance in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2018. He is also ranked for capital markets in Singapore where he earns praise for his expertise for debt capital markets transactions across Southeast Asia.
Mr. Hia's experience includes advising:
- Clifford Capital as sponsor, manager, and subordinated note investor, in the first infrastructure project finance securitization in Asia. The US$458 million issuance included four classes of Notes issued by Bayfront Infrastructure Capital and three classes of investment grade rated notes (Class A, B, and C Notes) listed on the SGX-ST.
- The lender in the SGD17.5 million term loan facility for a joint venture vehicle for the distressed acquisition of real estate in Singapore’s prime shopping district, with an option for an expanded facility to fund redevelopment costs.
- GITI Tire in its US$400 million term loan facilities to refinance existing debt.
- STATS ChipPAC in its US$315 million term loan and revolving credit facility to refinance existing debt.
- PT Trans Corpora in its US$150 million term loan facility to refinance existing debt.
- PT Trans Retail Indonesia in its US$125 million term loan facility to refinance existing debt.
- Nishiki Holdings in its ¥100 million term loan facility.
- Inter Media and Communication the media and sponsorship arm of FC Internazionale Milano a leading professional football club, in connection with an industrial and corporate reorganization, and debt refinancing.
- EMP International (BVI) and EMP ONWJ, subsidiaries of Energi Mega Persada, an independent upstream oil and gas company, in US$203 million reserve base facilities to refinance existing debt.
- Senoko Power as borrower, and GDF Suez, Marubeni Corporation, The Kansai Electric Power Co., Kyushu Electric Power Co., and Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) as sponsors, in the SGD2.65 billion refinancing of Senoko Power.
- The lenders in the financing and development of the 1,200MW Mong Duong II coal-fired power project, the first coal-fired Build-Operate-Transfer project in Vietnam, and the largest independent power project ever undertaken in the country.
- China Coal Solution (Singapore) in the establishment of its SGD300 million multicurrency medium term note program and subsequent issue of 7.5% notes due 2016 guaranteed by CCS Supply Chain Management Co., a leading PRC-listed coal services provider.
- PTT Global Chemical Public Company in its inaugural US$1 billion bond offering of 4.25% senior unsecured notes due 2022.
- The underwriters in the establishment of DBS Bank’s US$15 billion global medium term note program, and its subsequent US$1 billion offering of 2.35% notes due 2017 issued under the program.
- PT Gajah Tunggal, Southeast Asia's biggest integrated tire manufacturer, as guarantor, in GT 2005 Bonds BV’s exchange offer and consent solicitation in respect of US$420 million in outstanding guaranteed secured bonds due 2010; pursuant to the terms, the guarantor and issuer requested and obtained approval to exchange its outstanding bonds due 2010 for guaranteed callable step-up bonds due 2014.