Tim Wybitul is a partner in Latham & Watkins' Frankfurt office, advising companies on complex data protection issues. He focuses on the implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and employee data protection as well as internal investigations, data protection authority probes, respective litigation, and other data privacy-related legal disputes.
He advises clients
on a variety of matters, including:
- Implementing the GDPR
- Operating data protection systems
- Reviewing data protection management systems and respective compliance structures
- Negotiating with data protection authorities and in data protection proceedings before the courts
He has particular expertise advising on international matters, specifically data protection requirements for intra-group data transfers, discoveries and cross-border legal proceedings, international data transfers, and representing companies in cross-border regulatory and criminal investigations.
Mr. Wybitul is a Certified Information Privacy Professional and a specialist lawyer for employment law. The German Parliament (Deutscher Bundestag) appointed him as the individual expert for a hearing on data protection issues.
Mr. Wybitul's experience includes advising:
- A leading car manufacturer on the implementation of the GDPR*
- Allianz Deutschland AG on complex aspects of data protection, compliance, and employment law*
- Deutsche Bahn on data protection law and compliance structures, particularly in connection with the introduction of an internal whistleblower system*
- UBS AG on extensive internal investigations in connection with US Department of Justice (DOJ) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) investigations (leading a team of more than 60 lawyers)*
- Metro AG on compliance, data protection, and labor law*
- Birkenstock Group in labor court proceedings up to the Federal Labor Court*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham