Suneel Basson-Bhatoa is an associate in the London office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department. His practice covers domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate reorganizations, and general corporate matters.
Mr. Basson-Bhatoa trained in the firm’s London office and gained experience in corporate, leveraged finance, and restructuring transactions. He has also spent time on secondment at CVC Capital Partners, where he assisted on a range of private equity transactions across Europe, the US, and Asia.
Mr. Basson-Bhatoa's experience includes representing:
- Astorg Partners in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in Anaqua, a provider of asset management software and maintenance services
- CVC Capital Partners’ Growth Fund on its strategic investment in OMADA A/S, a global leader of Identity Governance and Administration software and services
- Representation of EQT Partners on its acquisition of Facile.it, an Italy-based company that operates car insurance brokerage and price comparison website
- A consortium led by Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners on its £2.96 billion offer for Paysafe Group plc, a global provider of end to end payment solutions; the deal represents the largest public-to-private deal under the UK Takeover Code since 2010
- Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners on their equity investment in connection with the Paysafe Group’s acquisition of iPayment, a provider of credit and debit card based payment processing services
- Astorg Partners on its acquisition of Audiotonix, a global producer of audio mixing consoles
- Bay Grove on the acquisition of Partner Logistics, a European automated cold storage provider with warehouses in the Netherlands, the UK, and Belgium
- Allergan on the US$40.5 billion sale of its Global Generics Pharmaceuticals business to Teva
- Norsk Hydro ASA on its US$113 million acquisition of the remaining 13.63% stake in Mineracao Paragominas, a Brazil-based mining company
- RPC Group Plc on its €262.5 million acquisition of ESE World, a Dutch manufacturer of temporary storage systems for waste and recyclable materials
- Ares Management on the establishment of European Loan Programme, a €3 billion joint venture with GE Capital offering senior secured loans in the European leverage finance market
- Foster Wheeler on its US$109 million acquisition by way of merger of AIM listed MDM Engineering Group