Sharon Lau is Vice Chair of the firm’s Global Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets, M&A, and Private Equity Practices. Ms. Lau advises both issuers and underwriters in global securities offerings, including IPOs, REIT offerings, and high-yield debt offerings. She also regularly advises private equity sponsors, corporates, and financial investors on cross-border M&A transactions as well as on pre-IPO, growth capital, and joint venture transactions.
Ms. Lau is recognized as a leading lawyer for capital markets in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific. She is also noted by Legal 500 for Singapore capital markets and Singapore corporate and M&A.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- PropertyGuru Pte. Ltd., Southeast Asia’s leading property technology company, on its business combination with Bridgetown 2 Holdings Limited, a special purpose acquisition company
- ReNew Power Private Limited, an India-based renewable energy producer, on its business combination with RMG Acquisition Corporation II, a special purpose acquisition company — the first deSPAC merger globally involving independent renewable power producers
- Fullerton Healthcare Corporation Limited on its sale of Fullerton Health Australia to Quadrant Private Equity
- A consortium comprising TPG, Singapore Life (SingLife), Sumitomo Life Insurance Company, and others on a transaction to combine SingLife with Aviva Singapore — which, with a combined valuation of SGD3.2 billion, marks one of the largest mergers in the insurance sector in Southeast Asia and the largest in Singapore
- PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk as issuer in its offer of US$300 million 2.75% senior unsecured notes due 2026
- Traveloka on its US$250 million Series E2 financing from Archipelago Investment Pte. Ltd., EV Growth, and Qatar Holding LLC
- Affinity Equity Partners and TPG Capital as majority shareholders on the sale of United Test and Assembly Center (UTAC), a Singapore-based provider of semiconductor assembly and testing services, to Wise Road Capital
- MR. D.I.Y. Group (M) Berhad, Malaysia’s largest home improvement retailer, on its US$362 million initial public offering of shares on Bursa Malaysia – the only listing to surpass the billion-ringgit threshold in 2020
- HLT Healthcare, a joint venture created by TPG Capital and Hong Leong, on the acquisition of Columbia Asia Healthcare, a Malaysia-based healthcare company that operates 17 hospitals and a clinic across Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- Singapore Technologies Telemedia Pte. on its INR31 billion acquisition of a 74% stake in the India and Singapore-based data center businesses of Tata Communications
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank), one of the largest private joint-stock banks in Vietnam, on its US$900 million listing on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange as well as its US$370 million pre-IPO investment by Warburg Pincus
- TPG Capital on its acquisition and sale of a 50% stake in Myanmar Distillery, a Myanmar-based company involved in manufacturing alcoholic beverages