Sharon Lau is Vice Chair of the firm’s Global Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets, M&A, and Private Equity Practices. Ms. Lau advises both issuers and underwriters in global securities offerings, including IPOs, REIT offerings, and high-yield debt offerings. She also regularly advises private equity sponsors, corporates, and financial investors on cross-border M&A transactions as well as on pre-IPO, growth capital, and joint venture transactions.
Ms. Lau is recognized as a leading lawyer for capital markets in Singapore and Indonesia by Chambers Asia-Pacific. She is also noted by Legal 500 for Singapore capital markets and Singapore corporate and M&A.
Ms. Lau's experience includes advising:
- A consortium comprising TPG, Singapore Life (SingLife), Sumitomo Life Insurance Company, and others on a transaction to combine SingLife with Aviva Singapore — which, with a combined valuation of SGD3.2 billion, marks one of the largest mergers in the insurance sector in Southeast Asia and the largest in Singapore
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank), one of the largest private joint-stock banks in Vietnam, on its US$900 million listing on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange as well as its US$370 million pre-IPO investment by Warburg Pincus
- HLT Healthcare, a joint venture created by TPG Capital and Hong Leong, on the acquisition of Columbia Asia Healthcare, a Malaysia-based healthcare company that operates 17 hospitals and a clinic across Malaysia, Indonesia, and Vietnam
- PLDT on the sale of a minority stake in Voyager Innovations, a Philippines-based developer of platforms for digital payments, digital finance, and marketing technologies, to KKR and Tencent Holdings
- Singapore Technologies Telemedia Pte. in its INR31 billion acquisition of a 74% stake in the India and Singapore-based data center businesses of Tata Communications
- TPG Capital in its acquisition and sale of a 50% stake in Myanmar Distillery, a Myanmar-based company involved in manufacturing alcoholic beverages
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to TCC Assets Limited in its US$11.7 billion acquisition of Fraser & Neave Ltd.
- The underwriters in 7-Eleven Malaysia Holdings Berhad's US$225 million initial public offering of shares on Bursa Malaysia
- MakeMyTrip Limited in its US$80.5 million initial public offering of shares on NASDAQ
- The underwriters in Lippo-Mapletree Indonesia Retail Trust's SGD516.4 million initial public offering of units on the SGX-ST
- The underwriters in PT Hanjaya Mandala Sampoerna Tbk's US$1.4 billion rights offering
- PT Tower Bersama Infrastructure Tbk as issuer in its offer of US$350 million 4.25% senior unsecured notes due 2025