Sebastian Sohn advises international clients on German, European, and global competition matters, including merger control, abuse of dominance, and cartel defense.
He regularly assists clients in obtaining global merger clearances for their strategic transactions and where required, steers the deal through the approval process of foreign direct investment regimes globally, and specifically in Germany.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Sohn worked as a law clerk in several law firms, including in the competition team of another leading international law firm in Brussels, as well as at the European Court of Justice.
Mr. Sohn’s experience includes advising:
- Aon in its planned US$30 billion acquisition of Willis Towers Watson
- NVIDIA in US$40 billion acquisition of Arm
- Facebook in its acquisition of Giphy, an online database and search engine
- EG Group in its planned acquisition of OMV’s petrol stations in Germany
- AMD on FDI matters in connection with its planned US$35 billion acquisition of Xilinx
- Various financial and strategic investors in German, EU, and multi-jurisdictional merger control and FDI proceedings, including inter alia, The Carlyle Group, BC Partners, CVC, Silver Lake Partners