Saad Khanani is an associate in the Silicon Valley office and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Emerging Companies Practices. He previously worked in the Abu Dhabi and San Francisco offices.
Mr. Khanani represents emerging companies as well as venture capital and private equity firms, primarily in the technology and healthcare industries. His transactions practice focuses on general corporate counseling, venture capital financings, and mergers and acquisitions. His general company representation practice includes advising companies on formation, corporate governance, and commercial transactions.
At Columbia University School of Law, Mr. Khanani was a Kent Scholar and member of both the Columbia Business Law Review and the Faculty Rules Committee. Prior to joining Latham & Watkins, he worked at McKinsey & Company in Washington, D.C., where he advised senior leadership at Fortune 500 corporations and federal government agencies on strategic matters.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Mr. Khanani’s public and private mergers and acquisitions and strategic transaction practice includes advising:
- Bridgepoint Advisors in its acquisition of Calypso Technology
- eResearchTechnology in its sale to Nordic Capital
- Extreme Networks, Inc. in its US$272 million acquisition of Aerohive Networks, Inc.
- Facebook in its strategic acquisitions of GrokStyle and Giphy, among others
- Hightower in its strategic combination with VTS
- Integrated Device Technology in its US$250 million acquisition of GigPeak
- IXYS Corporation in its US$750 million sale to Littelfuse
- Mellanox Technologies in its US$6.9 billion sale to NVIDIA Corporation
- Square, Inc. in its acquisition of:
- Verse Technologies, Inc.
- Eloquent Labs Inc.
- SRS Acquiom in its sale to Lovell Minnick Partners
Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Alliance HealthCare Services in connection with the acquisition by Fujian Thai Hot Investment Co. of a majority of Alliance’s outstanding stock from Oaktree Capital and MTS Health Investors for US$102 million and a subsequent take-private transaction by Tahoe Investment Group Co. Ltd. for US$75 million
- Encore Vision in its US$465 million acquisition by Novartis AG
- Landmark Health in its sale to General Atlantic
- Menlo Therapeutics Inc. in its US$390.5 million acquisition of Foamix Pharmaceuticals
- Relypsa, Inc. in its US$1.5 billion sale to Galenica AG
- Revolution Medicines in its acquisition of Warp Drive Bio and other strategic transactions
Mr. Khanani regularly represents venture capital and growth equity firms in connection with private and public investments, acquisitions, and divestitures. His clients include:
- Andreessen Horowitz
- Dragoneer Investment Group
- GreatPoint Ventures
- Eclipse Ventures
- Formation 8
- Questa Capital
Emerging Companies and Public Company Representation
Mr. Khanani represents public and private companies in general corporate governance matters, equity investments, and strategic transactions. His clients include:
- BlueSprig Pediatrics
- Bright Machines
- Evergent Technologies
- Hazel Health
- Memphis Meats
- Mellanox Technologies
Mr. Khanani also advises companies on their technology-related transactions, including:
- A leading audio streaming platform on an IT outsourcing project
- A group of financial institutions on developing a mobile payment solution
- A retail conglomerate on a large IT implementation project
- A leading global airline on the outsourcing of their passenger services system
- A government entity on developing, licensing, and implementing an online learning portal
- A government entity on the procurement and implementation of a system to manage the provision of benefits and employment services
- Telecom, media, and technology industry clients in various joint venture and acquisition transactions