Robbie McLaren is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and has previously worked in the firm's Moscow office. His practice focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, reorganizations and general corporate matters.
In recent years, Mr. McLaren has represented clients who operate in a number of industries, with a particular focus on clients in the life sciences, healthcare, and mining and metals industries.
Mr. McLaren has written a number of items on private equity and M&A in the natural resources sector, including contributing a chapter to Oil & Gas M&A.
Mr. McLaren's representative experience includes advising:
Life Sciences and Healthcare
- Baxter International Inc., in connection with its US$625 million acquisition of Claris Injectables Limited, an India-based manufacturer of sterile injectables
- Sienna Biopharmaceuticals in connection with its acquisition of Creabilis plc, a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company
- Allergan on its US$40.5 billion sale of its global generics pharmaceuticals business to Teva
- The investors on their Series B financing of Entasis Therapeutics
- The shareholders of Pharmathen SA, a Greek pharmaceuticals company, on their sale of a controlling interest in Pharmathen to BC Partners
- Actavis on its £306 million acquisition of Auden Mckenzie, a pharmaceutical company specialising in the development, licensing and marketing of generic medicines and proprietary brands
- Zogenix on its acquisition of Brabant Pharma, a UK based pharmaceutical company
- Actavis on the divestment of part of its Western European generics sale and marketing business to Aurobindo
- Novo A/S on its £230 million disposal of Archimedes and its US$706 million acquisition of Xellia
- Watson Pharmaceuticals on its €4.25 billion acquisition of the Actavis Group, making Watson the third largest global generics company
- Knowledge Universe on its acquisition of Busy Bees, its bolt-on of Just Learning and the subsequent sale of Busy Bees to Teachers Private Capital
Technology, Media and Telecoms
- The Momondo Group on its acquisition by The Priceline Group
- Amphenol Corp on its US$1.28 billion acquisition of FCI Asia, a provider of interconnect solutions for the telecom, datacom, wireless communications and industrial markets owned by Bain Capital
- Great Hill Partners on their acquisition of Momondo
- Intapp on their acquisition of Rekoop
- The Carlyle Group on its US$400 million investment in Ion Trading, its US$700 million acquisition of Dealogic and its sale of Britax
- BluWrap on various equity financings
- Calysta on their acqusiition of BioProtein A/S
Mining and Metals
- Mubadala on the US$15 billion merger of EMAL and DUBAL to form Emirates Global Aluminum
- Solway Investment Group in connection with its sale of Rudnik SASA Makedonska Kamenica, a Macedonia-based mining field engaged in production of lead-zinc metal, to Orion Mine Finance Group and Fusion Capital.
- Ma’aden on its acquisition of a 50% interest in the Jabal Sayid copper and gold project in Saudi Arabia from Barrick Gold Corporation
- Global Alumina Inc. on the sale of its 33% interest in a bauxite and alumina project in Guinea to Mubadala
- Norsk Hydro ASA on its US$5.27 billion acquisition of the majority of the aluminium business of Vale SA in Brazil