Regina Jinseo Kim is an associate in Latham & Watkins’ Seoul office and a member of the firm’s Corporate Department.
Prior to joining Latham, Ms. Kim served as an associate at an international law firm in New York and Hong Kong, where she focused on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and foreign investment.
Ms. Kim is admitted to practice in New York.
Ms. Kim’s experience includes advising:
- Hyundai Motor Company as a shareholder to Arrival, a London-based technology company that develops electric vehicles in its US$5.4 billion acquisition by CIIG Merger Corp., a special purpose acquisition company
- Hyundai Motor Company in its US$4 billion autonomous driving joint venture with Aptiv, an innovative vehicle technology provider
- Tesco PLC in its £4.2 billion sale of Homeplus, Asia’s largest sale to private equity to date*
- China Investment Corporation in its co-investment with Brookfield in IFC Seoul and Conrad Hotel in Korea*
- General Motors in its reorganization of its joint ventures in Central Asia*
- LG Electronics in its acquisition of ZWK Group*
- Morgan Stanley in the KRW391 billion block trade of Dong-Joo Shin’s shares in Lotte Shopping*
- Merrill Lynch International in the KRW391 billion block trade of Hyundai Motor Company*
- CJ E&M in the acquisition of Blue Group, a major media group in Vietnam*
- Credit Suisse and Morgan Stanley in the KRW115 billion block trade of Hyundai Securities shares*
- The Carlyle Group in its US$1.93 billion acquisition of Tyco Fire Security Services Korea from the Tyco Group*
- Doosan Corporation in its acquisition of Circuit Foil Luxembourg*
- Hyosung Corporation in its joint venture with Korindo Group*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham