Pierre-Louis Cléro is a partner and Local Chair of Latham & Watkins' Corporate Department in Paris. Mr. Cléro’s practice focuses on complex international mergers and acquisitions, representing corporate buyers and sellers in a wide variety of strategic transactions.
His corporate law experience encompasses joint ventures, stock exchange-related transactions, and general corporate and commercial law advice.
Mr. Cléro’s matters include representing:
- Atos in the context of the spin-off of 23.4% of the share capital of Worldline for a total consideration of €2.34 billion
- Shandong Ruyi Investment Holding in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Bally International, a Switzerland-based designer and manufacturer footwear and other related products
- Worldline in its €2.3 billion proposed acquisition of SIX Payment Services from SIX
- Siemens AG on the combination of its mobility business, including its rail traction drive business, in a merger of equals with Alstom SA, representing a combined revenue of €15.3 billion
- Euronews in its joint venture with Comcast / NBC and investment by Comcast / NBC in Euronews
- Lagardère Active in its investment and joint venture with the market place Shopcade
- Shandong Ruyi Group, one of the largest textile manufacturers in China, in its acquisition of SMCP Group (Sandro, Maje, Claudie Pierlot), a global leading company in the accessible luxury sector from KKR and other investors and its subsequent IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris
- Galeries Lafayette group in its acquisition of La Redoute
- The consortium led by Beijing Sanyuan Foods Co., Ltd. and Fosun Group in its acquisition of St Hubert
- Vipshop International Holding Ltd. in its book building of ShowRoomPrivé shares
- Alcatel-Lucent Board of Directors in the combination between Alcatel-Lucent and Nokia
- Emerson Electric in the sale of Leroy-Somer and Control Techniques, a manufacturer and supplier of alternators, drives, and motors, to Nidec