Otto von Gruben, associate in the Hamburg office of Latham & Watkins and member of the firm’s Real Estate and Mergers & Acquisitions Practices, advises German and international clients on domestic and cross-border transactions.
Mr. von Gruben represents both public and private companies, including strategic investors, and private equity funds, in connection with:
- Real estate and corporate transactions
- Joint ventures
- Forward deals
- General corporate matters
He advises clients from a variety of industries, including real estate, automotive, and healthcare.
Mr. von Gruben’s experience includes advising:
- On the sale of ceramics business
- On the sale of Rheinhütte Pumps to ITT Inc.
- Rhön-Klinikum on its €3.07 bn sale of major assets (e.g. of 40 hospitals) to Dax-listed Fresenius SE
- SERgroup on the sale of a majority stake to The Carlyle Group
- ZF Friedrichshafen on the sale of its global Body Control Systems business
- Angelo, Gordon on various acquisitions (residential, industrial, retail)
- Azure Hotels in connection with acquisitions and disposals of several hotels of the Azure Group (Radisson Blu Hotel in Hamburg-Dammtor; Indigo Hotels Harden-bergstraße, and Alexanderplatz in Berlin)
- Corpus Sireo on the sale of the project development Allianz Campus in Berlin
- Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management (RREEF) on several transactions
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate Fund on the acquisition and financing of several large real estate portfolios and shopping centers, e.g. of the Christie portfolio and the Rhein Ruhr shopping center
- Proprium Capital Partners on joint venture, property, and asset management agreements, as well as on the acquisition financing of two large residential portfolios in Germany