Lucinda Starrett is a partner in the Environment, Land & Resources Department, based in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins. She chairs Latham’s Global Project Siting & Approvals Practice and co-leads the firm’s Los Angeles Women Enriching Business initiative.
Ms. Starrett's practice includes approval for real estate development and infrastructure projects, advising on government contract issues, as well as related environmental and transactional matters.
Ms. Starrett’s California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) practice focuses on administrative and pre-litigation counseling. Ms. Starrett is registered as a lobbyist with the City and County of Los Angeles and with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. She has been active with the Central City Association and co-chairs its Land Use and Housing committee. She recently served on LA County’s Stormwater Advisory Committee.
Deeply committed to supporting charities, Ms. Starrett serves on the board of the Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation and co-chaired its 2018 benefit concert featuring John Legend. She is the Immediate Past Chair of the Los Angeles Parks Foundation and serves on its Executive Committee. Ms. Starrett co-chaired fundraising for the Ambulatory Surgery Center at Orthopedic Institute for Children and serves on its Board. She also serves on the board of Abode Community Housing and is a pro bono land use advisor for Abode projects.
Ms. Starrett has been a leader on CEQA reform initiatives as well as housing incentive policies.
Obtaining approvals for major projects throughout Los Angeles, Ms. Starrett has led successful key contributions to the renaissance of Downtown Los Angeles including transportation, sports, and entertainment, as well as new facilities for media production in Hollywood, new and historic residential projects, innovative retail for Westfield, and forward-looking educational facilities including for LMU, USC, Pepperdine, and the Archer School for Girls.
Ms. Starrett’s current projects include:
- Los Angeles Football Club’s new soccer stadium in Los Angeles
- The proposed Aerial Tram Gondola from Union Station to Dodger Stadium
- Representing the Related Companies on the Grand Avenue Project in Los Angeles
- Residential projects in Downtown LA for Mitsui Fudosan America
- 670 Mesquit project in Arts District for Vella Development and Gallos
- Sunset Gower Studios master plan for Hudson Pacific
- Westfield, including the Century City Shopping Center, the Village at Topanga, and Promenade 2035
- 10000 Santa Monica and Palladium Residences, Hollywood, for Crescent Heights
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center replacement hospital
- Digital signage for Clear Channel Outdoor
- Pepperdine University’s development including LA County and Coastal Commission processes