Koushik Prasad is a dual qualified lawyer (England & Wales and India) in the Corporate Department of Latham & Watkins' London office. Mr. Prasad’s practice area primarily focuses on equity capital markets, representing issuers, investment banks, and investors on initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings, and general corporate matters.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Prasad worked in the corporate department of another international law firm in London. In addition to his law qualifications, Mr. Prasad holds a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Oxford (2015).
Mr. Prasad's recent experience includes advising:
- The underwriters in connection with the £2.4 billion IPO of Avast, the world’s largest consumer antivirus software supplier, listed on the London Stock Exchange
- A UK Main Market listed real estate investment trust investing in social and affordable housing, on its £350 million IPO and its £300 million follow on public offering*
- A UK Main Market listed energy fund on the £300 million share issuance programme, which included the acquisition of a sizeable portfolio of wind and solar farms*
- A UK Main Market listed investment trust investing in utility and utility-related companies, in relation to its scheme of reconstruction and subsequent listing on the London Stock Exchange*
- A UK Main Market listed investment company in relation to its redomiciliation from Bermuda and subsequent re-listing on the London Stock Exchange*
- The sponsor on the £150 million IPO of a UK Main Market listed investment company investing in shipping on the Specialist Fund Segment of the London Stock Exchange*
- The syndicate of 13 underwriters on the US$772 million IPO of one of the leading telecom infrastructure companies in India*
- The syndicate of six underwriters on the US$510 million IPO of the first healthcare business trust to be listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange*
- An Indian aviation company on its US$300 million global despositary receipt (GDR) issuance on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange*
- One of the leading publicly listed real estate development companies in India on its US$330 million institutional placement programme*
- A Tata Group Company that owns the largest portfolio of towers in India on its pre-IPO restructuring and diligence*
- The Government of India, Ministry of Finance, on the US$100 million follow on public offer of one of the its leading engineering and manufacturing companies in India*
*Matter handled prior to joining Latham