Kevin Richardson represents public and private companies, private equity firms, and investment banks in complex corporate transactions and governance matters.
Drawing on his breadth of sophisticated transactional experience, Mr. Richardson delivers pragmatic and creative solutions to clients. He works with a mix of leading public and private companies across industries, with a particular focus on the energy sector. Mr. Richardson also regularly advises private equity investors and financial institutions in their most significant transactions.
Mr. Richardson serves as a trusted advisor to clients on notable transactions as well as day-to-day public company reporting and other corporate governance matters. His practice includes:
- Capital markets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity
- Public company representation
- Master limited partnerships (MLPs)
Mr. Richardson’s M&A work encompasses both public and private company transactions, including take- privates and MLP take-privates.
Mr. Richardson also represents issuers and underwriters in equity and debt securities offerings, including initial public offerings, private placements, exchange offers, consent solicitations, and secondary and follow-on offerings.
Mr. Richardson's experience includes advising:
M&A and Private Equity
- Agave Energy Company in its sale to Lucid Energy Group
- Athlon Energy in its sale to Encana for US$7 billion
- Enagàs in its co-investment with Blackstone Infrastructure Partners and other investors in the acquisition of publicly held shares in Tallgrass Energy for US$4 billion
- Energy Transfer Equity in its acquisition of Energy Transfer Partners for US$62 billion
- Energy Transfer in its acquisition of SemGroup for US$5.1 billion
- Exterran Partners in its acquisition of compression assets from Chesapeake Energy for US$360 million
- FMC Technologies in its cross-border merger with Technip for US$17 billion
- Global Infrastructure Partners in its acquisition of EnLink Midstream from Devon Energy for US$3.1 billion
- QEP in its proposed US$2.2 billion merger with Diamondback Energy
- Riverstone Holdings in its acquisition of Lucid Energy for US$1.6 billion
- TransMontaigne Partners in its sale to ArcLight Energy Partners for US$536 million
- UGI in its acquisition of:
- AmeriGas Partners for US$2.4 billion
- Columbia Midstream Group for US$1.275 billion from TC Energy
- Energy Transfer Equity and Energy Transfer Partners in their numerous registered offerings of common equity, preferred equity, and senior notes
- Landmark Infrastructure Partners in its Initial Public Offering and numerous common and preferred equity follow-on offerings
- Magellan Midstream Partners in its numerous registered offerings of senior notes
- ProPetro Holding in its Initial Public Offering of US$400 million and registered follow-on offerings
- Sunoco in its numerous 144A / Regulation S offerings of senior notes
- Underwriters in their Initial Public Offering of Independence Contract Drilling