Karl Mah is a partner in the London office of Latham & Watkins and is Chair of the London Tax Department.
Mr. Mah represents a broad range of corporate and financial clients on international and corporate tax matters.
He has particular experience advising on the tax aspects of M&A, private equity deals, capital markets offerings, and finance transactions.
Mr. Mah received the prestigious Institute Medal and LexisNexis Prize from the Chartered Institute of Taxation for achieving the highest score in the country in the May 2008 Institute examinations, which are considered to be the ‘gold standard’ among tax professionals in the United Kingdom. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation.
Mr. Mah is also actively involved in the firm’s diversity initiatives and has previously served on the firm’s Mentoring, Knowledge Management, and Training and Career Enhancement Committees and as part of the London office’s Asian Lawyer and First Generation Professionals Affinity Groups.
Mr. Mah’s representative transactions include advising:
- FACEIT on the proposed acquisition by Savvy Gaming Group of FACEIT and ESL Gaming in an all-cash transaction valuing the combined group at an enterprise value of US$1.5 billion
- ReNew Power, India’s biggest renewable power producer, on its US$8 billion merger with blank-check company RMG Acquisition Corp. II. and listing on NASDAQ
- Vertical Aerospace on its US$2.2 billion de-SPAC with Broadstone Acquisition and listing on NYSE
- The joint global coordinators, bookrunners, and underwriters on Deliveroo Holding plc’s £7.6 billion IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- TI Fluid Systems plc on its £1.3 billion IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- Darktrace plc on its £1.7 billion IPO on the London Stock Exchange
- Permira on its acquisition and combination of the Kedrion and BPL blood pharma businesses
- GlaxoSmithKline on its US$2.2 billion sale of an OTC brand portfolio including Baldriparan, Formigran, Spalt and Kamol, to PharmaSGP
- EQT on its €4.5 billion investment in Cerba HealthCare, a France-based network of medical biology laboratories
- Platinum Equity on its US$1.3 billion acquisition of the European vacation rental business of Wyndham Worldwide, a provider of hospitality services
- BC Partners and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on the disposal of a majority stake in Suddenlink (enterprise deal value of approximately US$9.1 billion)
- Senior secured noteholders on the successful completion of the PizzaExpress Group’s financial and operational restructuring
- The lender syndicate in connection with the financing of the US$20 billion Ichthys LNG project
- The mandated lead arrangers on the US$22 billion cross-border bank/bond acquisition financing of SFR