Dr. Jana Dammann de Chapto advises international clients on merger control and foreign investment control.
Dr. Dammann de Chapto, as a key member of a client’s deal team, navigates the increasingly complex competition, merger control, and foreign investment control landscape in the EU and globally. She represents clients from a full spectrum of industries before the European Commission, national regulatory agencies, as well as before the German and European Courts.
Her commercial work draws on her earlier scholarly work on merger control at the University of Hamburg, her PhD on comparative antitrust law, and her work at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law. She regularly writes and speaks on foreign investment topics.
Dr. Dammann de Chapto's experience includes advising:
- Various financial and strategic investors in German, EU, and multi-jurisdictional merger control proceedings, including inter alia Avago, Carlyle, Capvis, JP Morgan, and Union Investment
- Nestlé in an investigation by the German Federal Cartel Office into the food retail markets
- German regional airports in State aid investigations by the European Commission
- IKEA in various EU custom law matters before the German finance courts
- A leading European oil and gas company in export control questions related to investments in North Africa
- A large German hospital operator in objection proceedings regarding the lawfulness of a tender for the construction of new surgery facilities