Jaime Hall is an associate in the Paris office of Latham & Watkins. Her practice focuses on derivatives, financial regulatory matters, cross-border capital markets transactions, and structured finance.
Ms. Hall has significant experience advising corporates, financial institutions, investment managers, hedge funds, sovereign funds, and high-net worth individuals on a wide variety of derivatives, structured finance, and cross-border capital markets transactions including structuring and implementing general or finance-linked hedging strategies, strategic contingent hedging transactions, strategic equity derivative transactions, securitizations, regulatory capital transactions, international securities offerings, EMTN programs, and trade receivables programs. She represents clients in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
She also advises clients on a wide variety of financial regulatory issues relating to EMIR, MIFID, Dodd-Frank, and AML-FT requirements.
Ms. Hall has transactional experience in Latham's London and Paris offices, having started her career in the London office working in its corporate and finance departments. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Hall worked as a project manager for an international non-governmental organisation, managing and designing media and civil society projects funded by the EU, the United Nations, and international agencies.
Ms. Hall’s recent experience includes advising:
- TOTAL in connection with its US$35 billion EMTN program
- TOTAL in connection with its registered public offering of US$750 million 2.218% Guaranteed Notes due 2021,US$1 billion 2.434% Guaranteed Notes due 2025, US$1.25 billion 2.829% Guaranteed Notes due 2030, and US$1 billion 3.461% Guaranteed Notes due 2049 by its subsidiary Total Capital International
- A French corporate with respect to its structured buy-back program (including transactions structured via equity forward derivatives)
- Various investors (based in both Europe and the US) on synthetic securitization of various banks’ corporate loan, project finance, and real estate portfolios
- A French corporate with respect to its holding in an Indian joint venture company (both financial and derivatives advice)
- A French corporate with respect to its start-up incubator
- A large European bank with respect to a €200 million equity buy-back transaction
- Several large EU corporates on the negotiation of derivatives documentation across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East
- A French NFC+ corporate with respect to its regulatory compliance obligations
- High-net worth individuals with respect to cross-border margin loans
- A French corporate with respect to its €8 billion contingent FX forward derivatives hedging strategy for the refinancing of a major foreign acquisition
- Compagnie de Financement Foncier with respect to various updates and issuances under their US MTN issuance program
- Air Liquide with respect to their EMTN program updates and issuances under their EMTN program
- A large European bank with respect to various credit-linked and basket-inked leveraged structured notes involving exposure to a diversified portfolio of reference entities and actively managed multi-asset baskets
- A Middle East corporate in connection with implementing its derivatives hedging strategy with 18 banks