Iván Rabanillo is a counsel and his practice focuses on transactional tax matters. He has experience in Spanish and international tax aspects of cross-border M&A, financing and restructuring transactions, as well as capital markets offerings, providing tax advice, mainly to multinational groups with interests in Spain, the United States and Latin America, financial institutions and fund sponsors.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Rabanillo worked as an associate at a well-known Spanish law firm and at a leading law firm in New York. Mr. Rabanillo is admitted to practice law in Spain, Brazil and in the State of New York (United States).
Mr. Rabanillo's representative experience includes advising:
- Globalvia on the acquisition of Pocahontas Parkway Holdings, LLC., holder of the concession of the Route 895 Connector in Richmond, Virginia
- Goldman Sachs within the framework of the financial restructuring carried out by Promociones Habitat, one of the largest Spanish real estate property holding companies
- The lenders on the post-IPO financing of Euskaltel and on the financing for the acquisition of R Cable (“Spanish Deal of the Year 2015” by GlobalCapital Loans Awards)
- Goldman Sachs in the context of the acquisition of Telecable de Asturias by Zegona Communications from The Carlyle Group and Liberbank
- GIP II Palma Luxco II S.à r.l on the sale to Borealis Spain Parent B.V. of its 15% shareholding in Compañía Logística de Hidrocarburos, a provider of refined oil products transportation and storage
- Agrolimen on its acquisition of Nature's Variety, a US-based manufacturer of natural pet food
- Parques Reunidos Servicios Centrales, S.A. in connection with the refinancing of the existing debt of its US subgroup, transaction performed within the context of the IPO of its ordinary shares and refinancing of its third-party debt
- The Carlyle Group and Applus Services, S.A. in the IPO of Applus Services, S.A. for €1.2 billion
- Applus Services, S.A. in connection with the refinancing of the existing debt of the multinational testing, certification and inspection group Applus, through multicurrency facilities amounting to €850 million, transaction performed within the context of the IPO of the ordinary shares of Applus Services, S.A.
- The Mandated Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners in connection with a €395 million senior facilities agreement and Banco Santander, S.A. as lender under a €156 million VAT facility agreement for the acquisition of an 85% interest in Altamira Asset Management, S.L. by an affiliate of Apollo Global Management LLC
- Cobega, Norbega, Begano and Grupo Daurella, main shareholder of Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, in the integration of the seven The Coca-Cola Company bottlers in Spain, Andorra and Portugal
- Deutsche Bank and BBVA (as Joint Global Coordinators and Bookrunners) in the €325 million 4.625% senior notes offering due 2021 carried out by Spanish multinational pharmaceutical group Almirall
- Three main Spanish companies (of the financial, telecommunications and energy sectors) in their appeals before the General Court of the European Union against several decisions of the European Commission declaring the Spanish legislation that allows tax amortization of financial goodwill related to foreign acquisitions (inside and outside of the EU) as incompatible State aid