Iván Rabanillo is a counsel in the Tax Department of Latham & Watkins' Madrid office. Mr. Rabanillo practice focuses on transactional tax matters.
He has experience in Spanish and international tax aspects of sophisticated cross-border M&A, financing transactions, capital markets offerings, and restructuring transactions, dealing with cutting-edge tax structuring issues.
He is also qualified to practice Law in Brazil and in the New York State.
Iván Rabanillo is mentioned by several legal directories such as The Legal 500 2015, Tax Directors Handbook 2015 and Best Lawyers 2016.
Mr. Rabanillo’s representative experience includes advising:
- Enagás in its co-investment (alongside with Blackstone and GIC) to acquire US listed group Tallgrass for approximately US$ 1.5 billion
- Värde Partners in the €1.1 billion acquisition of an additional 49% stake of WiZink
- Carlyle in the €390 million acquisition of a majority stake in Codorniú
- Glovo in the raising of €115 million (Round C financing) and of €150 million (Round D financing)
- The Initial Purchasers in the first bond issuance in the Spanish real estate servicing sector by Haya Real Estate for €475 million
- IFM Investors in the €2.8 billion acquisition of OHL Concesiones
- Global Infrastructure Partners in the sale of its 24% stake in Saeta Yield to Brookfield AM
- Global Infrastructure Partners in its €3.8 billion acquisition of a 20% stake in Gas Natural
- The Carlyle Group and Applus Services S.A. in the IPO of Applus Services, S.A. for €1.2 billion
- Goldman Sachs in the acquisition of Telecable de Asturias by Zegona Communications from The Carlyle Group and Liberbank
- GIP II Palma Luxco II S.à r.l in the sale to Borealis Spain Parent B.V. of its 15% shareholding in CLH
- Globalvia in the acquisition of Pocahontas Parkway Holdings, LLC., holder of the concession of the Route 895 Connector in Richmond, Virginia
- Goldman Sachs within the framework of the financial restructuring carried out by Promociones Habitat
- The lenders in the post-IPO financing of Euskaltel and in the financing for the acquisition of R Cable
- Applus Services, S.A. in the refinancing of its existing debt, through multicurrency facilities amounting to €850 million