Fiona Maclean is an associate in the Technology Transactions Practice in the London office of Latham & Watkins.
Ms. Maclean’s experience includes advising clients on multi-jurisdictional IT and business processing transactions, complex system integration and technology transformation projects, with particular experience in cloud computing. Ms. Maclean has led a number of significant cloud migration projects and is heavily involved in industry and regulatory discussions on cloud adoption. Ms. Maclean regularly advises clients on FinTech initiatives, advising both on the “tech” in FinTech and strategy and structuring for joint ventures and business collaboration arrangements. She is regularly engaged to advise on the data implications of digital and disruptive technology in the financial services space as well as other industry sectors.
Ms. Maclean also advises clients on data strategy and compliance and has contributed to a number of publications and conferences in the area of data privacy and security.
Ms. Maclean's representative matters include:
- Advising a global bank on its migration to a cloud-based email service. This included advising on data privacy and financial services’ regulation across Europe, the US and Asia
- Advising a leading provider of distributed ledger technology in its negotiations for the implementation of a post-trade market infrastructure platform utilising blockchain
- Advising a bank consortium on the creation of a reference data joint venture
- Leading negotiations on behalf of a bank consortium for a SAAS based MiFIDII compliance platform
- Advising a digital operations company in relation to its privacy impact assessment and related global roll-out of a cloud service
- Managing a global compliance project of more than 30 countries regarding cyber security notification requirements
- Advising a UK retail bank on the implementation of one of the largest IP-enabled voice and data network outsourcing arrangements
- Negotiating services and software agreements for corporate clients across a wide range of industry sectors including media and entertainment, oil and gas, and telecommunications