Fiona Maclean advises a diverse range of clients across industries on data privacy compliance and IT and business processing transactions, with a particular focus on cloud computing and data strategy.
Ms. Maclean brings a unique cross-section of knowledge and experience spanning data, technology, and commercial contracts to help clients navigate complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions within the broader framework of data privacy laws. She advises a broad base of clients ranging from start-ups to technology giants and leading financial institutions. Her work at the nexus of the commercial and data worlds includes advising on operational resiliency risks and regulatory requirements including some of the most transformational cloud deals in the global market.
Ms. Maclean writes extensively on technology and privacy law for prominent industry organizations, including the World Economic Forum, the Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME), and the Association of Foreign Banks.
- Ranked – Up and Coming for Outsourcing
Chambers UK 2021
- Ranked – Next Generation Partner for IT and Telecoms
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Named a “Key Lawyer” for Fintech and Protection, Privacy and Cybersecurity
The Legal 500 UK 2021
- Ranked – Next Generation Partner for Commercial Contracts
The Legal 500 UK 2020
- Rising Star Award – Fintech
Ms. Maclean's representative matters include:
- Advising a global bank on its migration to a cloud-based email service, including data privacy and financial services’ regulation across Europe, the US, and Asia
- Advising a leading provider of distributed ledger technology in its negotiations for the implementation of a post-trade market infrastructure platform utilising blockchain
- Advising a bank consortium on the creation of a reference data joint venture
- Leading negotiations on behalf of a bank consortium for a SAAS based MiFIDII compliance platform
- Advising a digital operations company in relation to its privacy impact assessment and related global roll-out of a cloud service
- Managing a global compliance project of more than 30 countries regarding cyber security notification requirements
- Advising a UK retail bank on the implementation of one of the largest IP-enabled voice and data network outsourcing arrangements
- Negotiating services and software agreements for corporate clients across a wide range of industry sectors including media and entertainment, oil and gas, and telecommunications