Fiona Maclean is an associate in the Outsourcing and Technology Transactions Practice in the firm’s London office.
Ms. Maclean’s experience includes advising clients on multi-jurisdictional IT and business processing transactions, complex system integration and technology transformation projects, and a variety of networks and telecom outsourcing arrangements. Her work to date has spanned a variety of sectors but her principal focus has been on the financial services industry where she has worked with a number of the UK’s leading banks. Ms. Maclean also has experience advising on a broad range of intellectual property matters, including licensing, registration and portfolio strategy.
Prior to joining Latham & Watkins in July 2010, Ms. Maclean spent three years, based in Edinburgh and Hong Kong, with another global law firm. During this time, Ms. Maclean also completed a six month secondment to the legal team of a major UK bank.
Ms. Maclean's representative matters include:
- Advising a UK retail bank on the implementation of one of the largest IP-enabled voice and data network outsourcing arrangements
- Advising a UK retail bank on a wide range of telecom and network related agreements for its wires-only network across Europe
- Acting for a bank in the outsourcing of its application development and support services
- Acting for a media company in the outsourcing of its server build and storage requirements
- Advising with the implementation and ongoing support of an information management and business intelligence solution*
- Negotiating services and software agreements for corporate clients across a wide range of industry sectors including media and entertainment, oil and gas and telecommunications.
*Deal completed whilst at a previous firm