Eyal Orgad represents private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies, and strategic investors in complex leveraged buyouts, acquisitions, dispositions, carve-outs, joint-ventures, and other investments.
Mr. Orgad draws on his experience spanning diverse jurisdictions and industries to help both US and non-US investors navigate their highest-stakes M&A deals and private equity investments. A versatile practitioner, Mr. Orgad brings particular experience in matters involving the technology, energy, and healthcare and life sciences industries, both in the United States and globally. He also regularly advises private equity and other investors on high-profile Israel and Israel-related investments.
A former general counsel of a multinational high-tech company, Mr. Orgad is uniquely positioned to execute transactions while liaising with deal teams effectively. He distills multifaceted transactions in a simple way that enables business teams to identify their priorities.
Mr. Orgad’s experience includes advising:
- Cinven Partners and various Cinven portfolio companies in:
- The acquisition of Tourico Holidays, a leading global distributor of travel services, by Hotelbeds Group, a business-to-business provider of services to the global travel industry (backed by Cinven and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board)
- Cinven’s acquisition of Jaggaer, a global provider of procurement software for large and medium-sized enterprises, from Accel-KKR
- Cinven’s acquisition of National Seating & Mobility, a leading provider of complex rehabilitation mobility and accessibility solutions, from Court Square Capital
- Aquiline Capital Partners in its acquisition of Engs Commercial Finance Co., a commercial lender that provides lease and loan solutions to truck, trailer, and other equipment dealers, manufacturers, and operators
- BC Partners and various BC Partners portfolio companies in:
- The acquisition by portfolio company Allflex, a leader in the field of animal identification and tracking tags, of SCR (Engineers), a company that develops, manufactures, and markets advanced systems for monitoring cows, and innovative solutions for farm management
- The US$2.15 billion acquisition of CenturyLink’s data center and colocation business
- The US$3.4 billion merger of portfolio company Cyxtera Technologies, a global leader in mission-critical retail colocation and interconnection services, with Starboard Acquisition Corp.
- Irving Place Capital in its acquisition of Ohio Transmission Corporation, a leading technical distributor of highly engineered motion control, pump, and air compressor products
- Leonard Green & Partners in its acquisition of ExamWorks Group, a provider of an array of healthcare technology services, including independent medical examinations, peer reviews, case management, document management, and record retrieval
- CPA Global, a portfolio company of Leonard Green & Partners and leader in intellectual property software and tech-enabled services, in its US$6.8 billion business combination with Clarivate
- Vestar Capital Partners in its acquisition of Edward Don & Company, a leading distributor of foodservice equipment and supplies
- Weld North Education, a KKR portfolio company and a leading digital education technology company focused on developing digital curricula and tools, in its sale to Silver Lake
- Consonance Capital Partners, a leading healthcare-focused private equity fund, in its acquisition of Orsini Pharmaceutical Services, a leading independent national specialty pharmacy focused on patients with rare and complicated diseases
- Searchlight Capital Partners on its acquisition of BComm, and thereby a controlling stake in Israeli telecommunication company Bezeq
- Applause App Quality, a provider of mobile application quality tools and services, in its sale to Vista Equity Partners
- Siemens in its:
- US$7.6 billion acquisition of Dresser Rand Group, a leading supplier of mission-critical, high-speed rotating equipment solutions to the worldwide oil, gas, petrochemical, and process industries
- US$970 million acquisition of CD-adapco, a global engineering simulation company with software solutions covering a wide range of engineering disciplines
- Iberdrola USA in its acquisition of UIL Holdings, an energy delivery company, to create Avangrid, a diversified publically traded power and utility company
- Vistra Energy, a premier, integrated power company, in its:
- Acquisition of Crius Energy, a provider of competitive electricity and natural gas products to residential and commercial customers in 19 US states and the District of Columbia
- Acquisition of Ambit Energy, a Dallas-based retail electric company
- Fermaca in its joint venture with ONEOK Partners to construct a natural gas pipeline from the Permian Basin in Texas to Mexico
- ORIX in its acquisition of an approximate US$627 million (22.1%) stake in Ormat Technologies, a publicly listed geothermal energy producer, from the FIMI private equity fund, Bronicki Investments Ltd. and senior members of management
- EPD Solutions, an innovator in image-guided procedures for cardiac arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders), in its sale to Royal Philips
- Mimecast, a leading email and data security company based in San Francisco, in its acquisition of Solebit Labs, an Israel-based cybersecurity software developer