Firm recognized in Legal 500 and Chambers for depth and breadth of capabilities across globally integrated practices and track record of landmark mandates.
Brian Meenagh is a partner in the Dubai office of Latham & Watkins. His practice focuses primarily on:
- Complex technology transactions, projects, and joint ventures
- Procurement and sourcing, including outsourcing and offshoring
- Data privacy and cybersecurity compliance
- Financial technology (fintech) and blockchain technology
He primarily represents customers procuring technology and services in such transactions and has significant experience advising against major technology and software vendors such as accenture, IBM, HP, Oracle, SAP, and TCS as well as numerous other vendors active in the Middle East. He has additional experience advising on:
- Cloud computing
- Complex technology and data separation issues in M&A transactions
- Distribution and procurement of goods and services
- Data protection, security, and privacy
- E-commerce, m-commerce, and mobile apps
- Facilities management
- Financial services regulations applicable to technology and outsourcing
- Government procurement
- Global business services
- Media distribution and licensing
- Online gaming
- Open-source software
- Technology development (including traditional and Lean and Agile development methodologies), distribution, and licensing
Before he trained as a solicitor, he worked as a business and IT analyst at Accenture on a variety of outsourcing, business transformation, systems integration, and software development projects for blue chip companies and UK central government.
Mr. Meenagh has also previously been the technology, media, and telecommunications law editor at Lawtel (now part of Westlaw) and has co-written a number of articles and spoken at seminars and client events on the law and best practices in technology contracts and privacy and cyber-security compliance.