Brad Guest is an associate in the Washington, D.C. office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Guest’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters for both public and private companies.
Prior to joining Latham, Mr. Guest earned his JD from Harvard Law School, where he graduated magna cum laude and was the supervising editor of the Harvard Law Review. He earned his BS and graduated with distinction from the University of Virginia, where he attended the McIntire School of Commerce.
As part of his pro bono practice, Mr. Guest works with Legal Counsel for the Elderly to draft powers of attorney and wills for low-income seniors. He also volunteers at the D.C. Bar Small Business Clinic where he advises small businesses on their legal issues.
Mr. Guest's representative matters include advising:
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of StandardAero, a leading global provider of repair and maintenance services to the aerospace and defense industries, from Veritas Capital
- The Carlyle Group in its US$140 million investment in The NORDAM Group, a leading independent aerospace manufacturing and repair company
- SK Capital Partners and its portfolio company Addivant, in the acquisition of SI Group, a leading global developer and manufacturer of performance additives and intermediates
- Vogue International and The Carlyle Group in the sale of Vogue International to Johnson & Johnson for US$3.3 billion
- Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC in its recapitalization by majority shareholders The Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman and its expansion of ownership to include GIC and Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- The Carlyle Group in its acquisition of Novolex™, a manufacturer and recycler of plastic and paper packaging products, from Wind Point Partners and TPG Growth
- Platinum Equity in its divestiture of the European and Asian operations of Mactac, a global pressure-sensitive materials business, to Avery Dennison for €200 million