Benjamin J. Cohen represents public and private US corporations, non-US corporations, investment banks, and private equity funds in capital markets, general securities, and corporate matters.
A nationally recognized corporate lawyer, Mr. Cohen regularly handles a broad array of high-profile and innovative capital markets and other financial transactions, including:
- Initial public offerings
- Direct listings
- High yield debt offerings
- Leveraged buy-outs
- Public and private equity offerings
- Debt exchange offers and tender offers and consent solicitations
Mr. Cohen represents issuers and investment banking firms in capital markets and other financing transactions and companies with respect to general corporate and securities matters in a broad array of industries, including:
- Natural resources
Mr. Cohen has received broad industry recognition for his transactional work, including by Law360, which named him a Rising Star in the field of capital markets.
Select IPOs and direct listings include:
- Spotify Technology
- Slack Technologies
- Envista Holdings
- Camping World
- Manchester United
- Medpace Holdings
- REV Group
- Orion Engineered Carbons
- Coeur Mining
- WCI Communities
- Jarden Corporation
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet
- Zoe’s Kitchen
Select other transactions include advising:
- JP Morgan in the initial public offering for Envista Holdings Corporation and the subsequent senior notes offering, totaling US$1.2 billion
- Goldman Sachs in the US$3 billion senior notes offering for Staples, Inc.
- Resorts World Las Vegas in its US$1 billion senior notes offering
- The initial purchasers in several senior notes offerings for Willscot Corporation, totaling over US$3.5 billion
- Adams Homes, Inc. in its US$225 million senior notes offering
- The initial purchasers on several senior notes offering for Park Hotels & Resorts Inc.
- The initial purchasers on several investment grade senior notes offerings for Danaher, totaling over US$21 billion