Anna Ngo represents a mix of UK and international companies, investment banks, and investors, including private equity sponsors, in cross-border capital markets and M&A transactions, as well as in general corporate matters.
Combining sophisticated product knowledge and technical skills, Ms. Ngo regularly navigates multifaceted capital market offerings and M&A transactions involving a range of jurisdictions and industries. She offers particular experience in cross-border equity offerings, including dual listings. Ms. Ngo also leverages her strong understanding of UK company and securities law and regulations to anticipate potential obstacles that may arise in complex and cross-border transactions.
Ms. Ngo’s capital markets work includes:
- Initial public offerings
- Rights offerings
- Secondary and follow-on offerings
- Debt/equity swaps
- American and Global Depositary Receipts
- Private placements and registered transactions
- Equity-linked securities, including convertible, and exchangeable bonds
Ms. Ngo frequently handles listings and capital raisings around the world, including in the UK, the US, France, Italy, Spain, and Saudi Arabia, drawing on her prior secondment experience in the equity corporate finance team at Credit Suisse.
Ms. Ngo also regularly advises international companies in a range of public cross-border M&A matters. Additionally, she provides general corporate advice to public companies, including in connection with corporate governance matters and compliance with ongoing regulatory requirements.
Ms. Ngo serves as a member of Latham’s Ethics Committee. She previously served as London Co-Chair of the firm’s Asian & Middle Eastern Lawyers Group.
Ms. Ngo’s experience includes advising:
- The underwriters on Deliveroo’s initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange
- TechnipFMC plc on the spin-off of its onshore/offshore business to create a standalone publicly traded company, Technip Energies, listed on Euronext Paris, with a separate OTC listing of its ADRs
- Numis, as sponsor, joint global co-ordinator, joint bookrunner, and underwriter, JP Morgan Cazenove as joint global co-ordinator, joint bookrunner, and underwriter, Barclays and BNPP as joint bookrunners and underwriters, and Santander as lead manager and underwriter, to AVEVA, the global leader in industrial software, in connection with AVEVA’s fully underwritten £2.835 billion rights issue
- Rothschild as sponsor to OneSavings Bank, the leading specialist mortgage lender, in connection with the proposed introduction of OSB GROUP as a new holding company of the OSB Group by means of a scheme of arrangement, and ListCo’s admission to the premium listing segment of the London Stock Exchange
- Abcam, a global leader in the supply of life science research tools, on its offering of more than 8.945 million American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ
- The joint global co-ordinators and joint bookrunners on the £152 million cash box placing by Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings, the luxury carmaker
- Jefferies and Peel Hunt as joint bookrunners and joint sponsors on the £165 million firm placing and placing and open offer by SIG, a leading supplier of specialist building materials to trade customers across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe
- The joint bookrunners on a £120 million placing by Polypipe Group, a leading manufacturer of plastic piping systems
- J.P. Morgan and Stifel on a £185 million placing by Assura
- The underwriters in the US$25.6 billion IPO and listing of Saudi Aramco on the Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul)
- Domestic & General, the market-leading appliance care provider, on its proposed premium listing on the London Stock Exchange
- TI Fluid Systems on its £1.3 billion initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange
- FMC Technologies, the subsea oil services group, on its US$17 billion merger with Technip SA on the New York Stock Exchange and Euronext Paris
- LivaNova on its dual listing on the London Stock Exchange and NASDAQ on the closing of the merger between Cyberonics and Sorin S.p.A
- The underwriters in connection with proposed initial public offering of RAC
- Applus Services SA and The Carlyle Group on the €1.2 billion IPO of Applus and its admission to the Spanish Stock Exchanges
- Aon, a NYSE S&P 500 company, on various corporate matters
- Verona Pharma, a dual-listed company on AIM and NYSE, on various corporate and listing matters
- Bain Capital Europe in connection with its placing of ordinary shares in Ibstock
- The underwriters in connection with the proposed initial public offering of a large overseas food producer
- esure Group on its £1.1 billion initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange*
- Greencore Group in connection with its proposed cross-border merger with Northern Foods plc*
- Bertelsmann in connection with its £2.4 billion merger between Random House and Penguin Books*
* Matter handled prior to joining Latham & Watkins