Mark Bekheit provides practical strategic advice to technology and life science companies at all stages in connection with mergers and acquisitions, minority investments, and other strategic corporate transactions.
Mr. Bekheit’s experience includes public and private company mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, tender and exchange offers, joint ventures, and minority investments for strategic and private equity clients, as well as general corporate representation and strategic planning for both publicly-traded and privately-held companies.
Mr. Bekheit previously served as the lead in-house corporate lawyer of a Silicon Valley-based Fortune 500 company in its acquisitions and strategic investments in the consumer and enterprise data storage industries, which gives him first-hand experience into the relevant considerations and needs of corporations with regards to strategic transactions.
Mr. Bekheit is widely acknowledged for his excellence. He is recognized by Chambers USA for his M&A work in Northern California, named one of the 2021 Leading Dealmakers in the US by Lawdragon 500, named a 2021 Rising Star in the Technology industry by Law360, and received the Emerging Leader award by The M&A Advisor in 2019.
A selection of Mr. Bekheit's experience includes representation of:
- Okta in connection with its acquisition of Auth0 (US$6.5 billion)
- Slack in connection with its acquisition by Salesforce (US$27.7 billion)
- Hippo in connection with its acquisition of Spinnaker Insurance Company
- Facebook in connection with its acquisition of CTRL-labs
- Pivotal Software in connection with its sale to VMware (US$2.7 billion)
- Hortonworks in connection with its merger of equals with Cloudera (US$5.2 billion)
- 8x8 in connection with its acquisition of Wavecell (US$125 million)
- New Relic in multiple acquisitions, including its acquisitions of Co-Scale and SignifAI
- Extreme Networks in multiple transactions, including its recent acquisition of Aerohive Networks (US$210 million)
- Broadcom Ltd. (formerly Avago Technologies Limited) in connection with multiple transactions, including its:
- Acquisition of Broadcom Corp. (US$37 billion)
- Domestication to the United States and attempted hostile takeover of Qualcomm (US$117 billion)
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals in connection with its merger with Impax Laboratories (US$6.4 billion)
- Integrated Device Technology in connection with its sale to Renesas (US$6.7 billion)
- T-Mobile in connection with its merger with Sprint (US$26 billion)
- Entrust Datacard in connection with its pending acquisition of the General Purpose HSM business of Thales
- John Deere in connection with its acquisition of Blue River Technology, a company specializing in machine learning technology for agricultural applications (US$305 million)
- CH2M, a design engineering services firm, in connection with its sale to Jacobs Engineering (US$2.85 billion)
- LivaNova in connection with its divestiture of its Cardiac Rhythm Management business to Microport (US$190 million)
- Sorin SpA in connection with its merger of equals with Cyberonics (US$2.7 billion)
- Intuit in connection with its:
- Acquisition of Demandforce (US$423.5 million)
- Sale of Digital Insight Corporation (US$1.025 billion)
- Sale of its commercial banking division
- Sale of Intuit Websites
- Sale of Medfusion
- Virgin America in connection with its sale to Alaska Airlines (US$2.6 billion)