Christian McDermott, an experienced technology lawyer, advises clients on large-scale contracts, commercial collaborations, as well as fintech and payments transactions.
Mr. McDermott advises global and UK-based clients — including major financial institutions as well as publicly listed, private, and emerging companies — on:
- The development, use, and exploitation of technology
- Commercial law
- Intellectual property matters
- Large-scale technology and outsourcing projects
- Transitional services arrangements
Mr. McDermott draws on more than a decade of experience with technology matters. He has a keen sense of market, collaboration strategies, and has developed a reputation as a skilled negotiator who knows how to get deals done.
Mr. McDermott’s representative transactions include advising:
- A global retail and investment bank on the multi-billion Euro global outsourcing of its investment banking IT infrastructure
- A leading UK insurer on both: (i) the outsourcing of policy administration activities; and (ii) the outsourcing of certain IT and business processes
- A leading private equity firm on the acquisition of a stake in a major African payments business
- A global investment bank on technology and payment issues in connection with the IPO of a European payment services provider
- A major social network on both the regulation of payment services in the EU, and on its negotiations with merchant acquirers in relation to the setup of various innovative payments solutions
- A global UK-headquartered retail and investment bank on the top-down renegotiation of its relationship with its biggest IT supplier, comprising individual hardware, software and services streams
- A global UK-headquartered retail and investment bank on the global outsourcing of the bank’s facilities management functions