Providing Integrated Legal Counsel Across Asia
For more than 20 years, clients have sought counsel from Latham’s Singapore lawyers on complex corporate, finance and regulatory matters. The lawyers in our Singapore office have developed a breadth of experience across a multitude of industries including financial services, oil and gas, power, mining and metals, communications, internet and digital media, information technology, hospitality, gaming and leisure and entertainment, sports and media. Lauded as the “Most Innovative Firm in Asia-Pacific” by the Financial Times, Latham takes pride in providing innovative advice to corporations, financial institutions, government agencies and other significant players.
With extensive experience in South and Southeast Asia, Latham’s lawyers in Singapore represent Asian, US, European and Middle Eastern companies conducting business across the region, and acts for Asian companies in their direct investment activities and capital markets transactions globally.
Key Practice Strengths
Latham’s key practice areas in Singapore include:
Awards & Rankings
Latham is recognized as one of the leading international law firms in Singapore and has been named:
- “International Deal Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2014 and 2015
- “Global Law Firm of the Year” by Project Finance International in 2014
- “Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR Asia 2014
- “Most Innovative US Law Firm of the Year” by IFLR in 2013
- “Energy & Natural Resources Law Firm of the Year” by Asian Legal Business in 2013
Partners Rajiv Gupta and Clarinda Tjia-Dharmadi were named Capital Markets Lawyer of the Year and Project Finance Lawyer of the Year respectively by The American Lawyer in its Asian Lawyer Emerging Markets Awards 2015.
In the 2015 edition of Chambers Asia-Pacific, Latham received Band 1 rankings (the highest commendation) for its practice areas in Singapore, including:
- Capital Markets: International – "Strong bench of dedicated practitioners with extensive experience in the region. Demonstrates expertise in rights offerings, convertible bonds, high-yield investment and exchange offers." "Deal-oriented, focused lawyers who are good at navigating local issues."
- Projects & Infrastructure: International – “A regional juggernaut, widely noted for its prominent roles on headline projects, particularly in respect of financing.” “An experienced bench of Singapore-based practitioners offers deep expertise across South-East Asia and Australia.” "Hardcore projects guys who know their way around development and financing."
Further, Latham was highly recommended for work across a number of other practices in Singapore, including Corporate/M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Banking & Finance, and Technology, Media and Telecoms. While Singapore-based lawyers have also been ranked in the top tier of lawyers Asia-wide and in a number of regional markets including Indonesia, India, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.