Firm honored for steering landmark deals and general excellence.
Dr. Rüdiger Malaun, a highly regarded German capital markets lawyer and former Global Co-Chair of the firm’s Capital Markets Practice, advises clients on strategic financing transactions, with a particular focus on high-yield bond offerings and other debt instruments. He draws on more than 20 years of experience, handling a remarkable volume of the largest and most sophisticated offerings in Europe, among them more than 60 high-yield bond transactions.
Dr. Malaun has earned widespread recognition for his work. JUVE notes he is the “clear leader on high-yield bonds” who “plays in a league of his own” and Chambers interviewees describe him as “the biggest name for high-yield work in Germany” and “highly skilled, very effective and technically brilliant.” He is ranked in Band 1 by Chambers Europe and has been recognized by Chambers Global, IFLR, The Legal 500 Deutschland, and JUVE.
Dr. Malaun advises corporates, sponsors, and investment banks on:
- Complex high-yield bond transactions (both under US and German law), including related liability management transactions
- Equity and equity-linked financings
- Large corporate bonds
- Commitment papers for bridge-to-bond financing transactions
- P2P financing transactions
- ‘Cross-over’ bonds (e.g. in the real estate sector in the DACH Region)
- High yield bond advise in restructuring context