Luis Sánchez Mendez represents domestic and international clients in a range of complex finance transactions, including private equity acquisition financings, leveraged buyouts, and restructurings.
Drawing on his sophisticated knowledge of the needs of both sides of financing transactions, Mr. Sánchez delivers broad-based counsel to creditors, companies, and investors. He brings particular experience in domestic and cross-border debt restructurings, as well as investments by specialized investment funds in distressed assets.
Mr. Sánchez’s practice includes:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Alternative financing and direct lending
- Corporate lending, take-over bid financing, and loan markets
- Distressed investing and debt trading
- Real estate financing
- Restructuring, insolvency, and workouts
- Structured finance
Mr. Sánchez regularly writes about banking and restructuring topics for prominent publications, including Revista de Derecho Concursal y Paraconcursal, Revista de Derecho Bancario y Bursatil, Cinco Días, and El Economista.
- Authored the Spanish chapter in The Acquisition & Leveraged Finance Review (Business Research Ltd.) (2020 edition)
- Co-Author of the article "Impugnación de la Homologación del Acuerdo de Refinanciación de Nueva Pescanova S.L." (Revista General de Insolvencias & Reestructuraciones / Journal of Insolvency & Restructuring 1) (2021)