Dr. Isabelle Brams is an associate in the Frankfurt office of Latham & Watkins and a member of the firm's Litigation & Trial Department.
Ms. Brams advises national and international clients on questions relating to data privacy. Her main area of experience lies in GDPR defense projects, including fine, administrative, and damages claim proceedings — both on a German and EU level. In this context, Ms. Brams has served as lead associate in several major GDPR defense projects, including multi-million GDPR fine procedures. She has helped various clients to develop and implement effective defense strategies.
Ms. Brams advises clients:
- In administrative and administrative fine proceedings as well as damages claims procedures (including mass litigation projects)
- In data incident response projects
- On replying to data subject access requests
- On employee data privacy and internal investigations
- On cookie compliance and direct marketing issues
- On implementation of whistleblowing systems
Ms. Brams has gained valuable practical experience on privacy compliance during an in-house supporting role for a client.
Ms. Brams has also contributed to numerous publications on data privacy, including articles on data incident response, damages claims, and GDPR fines for leading GDPR commentaries and magazines in Germany. Latham’s GDPR civil damages table demonstrates her creative solutions-oriented approach within a dynamic regulatory environment.