Brian Baloun is an associate in the Chicago office of Latham & Watkins. Mr. Baloun advises clients, including public and privately held companies, as well as private equity sponsors, and their portfolio companies, on complex global and domestic M&A transactions.
Mr. Baloun’s representative experience includes advising:
Public Company M&A
- Hersha Hospitality Trust, an owner of luxury and lifestyle hotels in coastal gateway and resort markets, in its pending US$1.4 billion take-private sale to KSL Capital Partners, LLC
- Frequency Therapeutics, Inc., in its pending all-stock merger with Korro Bio, Inc.
- Bunge Limited, a global agribusiness solutions company, in its pending US$8.2 billion acquisition of Viterra Limited
- Imago BioSciences, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company developing new medicines for the treatment of bone marrow diseases, in its US$1.35 billion take-private sale to Merck & Co., Inc.
- Flame Acquisition Corp., a special purpose acquisition entity focused on the energy industry in North America, in its business combination with Sable Offshore Corp.
- ironSource Ltd., a leading business platform that empowers mobile content creators to turn their apps into scalable businesses, in its US$4.4 billion merger with Unity Software, Inc.
- Frontier Airlines in its proposed but terminated US$6.6 billion merger with Spirit Airlines
- Cerner Corporation, a leading provider of digital information services used within hospitals and health systems, in its US$28 billion take-private sale to Oracle
- Silicon Motion Technology Corporation, a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices, in its pending US$3.8 billion take-private sale to MaxLinear, Inc.
Private Company M&A
- Bosch in its planned acquisition of TSI Semiconductors
- Crown Paper Group, an integrated mill and containerboard operation with a strategic presence in the growing markets of the Pacific Northwest and Western Canada, in its sale to Atlas Holdings.
Private Equity / Family Office M&A
- BDT Capital in several acquisitions, joint ventures, and strategic partnerships
- A private equity sponsor in connection with an acquisition in the utility industry
- GTCR in its acquisition of Katena Products, Inc., a medical device company focused on ophthalmic surgery products