Eight Latham & Watkins partners have been named 2018 Top Lawyers by Washingtonian in the Washington, D.C.-area magazine’s annual list. The honorees are recognized as being “[t]he area’s star legal talent.”
The Latham honorees include:
Criminal Defense, White Collar:
- Kevin Chambers is a partner in the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice and Co-Chair of the Litigation & Trial Department in the Washington, D.C. office. He represents individual and institutional clients in a variety of white collar, securities, and professional liability matters, including criminal and civil litigation and internal investigations.
- Alice Fisher is a partner in the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice and a member of the firm's Executive Committee. She focuses her practice on white collar criminal investigations, internal investigations, and advises clients on a range of criminal matters. Fisher handles corporate investigations and enforcement matters and provides strategic counsel to corporations on managing the legal risks of operating in a global economy.
- Kathryn Ruemmler is Global Co-Chair of the White Collar Defense & Investigations Practice and a partner in the Litigation & Trial Department. She has built a reputation as a formidable litigator with an unusual breadth of experience in crisis management, policy development, and regulatory and enforcement matters. She primarily focuses on white collar criminal defense, SEC, DOJ and other agency enforcement matters, as well as congressional and internal investigations.
- Jennifer Archie is a partner in the firm’s Litigation & Trial Department. She possesses broad investigations, litigation, and counseling experience advising clients from emerging companies to global enterprises across all market sectors in matters involving computer fraud and cybercrime, privacy and data security compliance and program management, advertising and marketing practices, information governance, consumer fraud, employment, and trade secrets.
- Gregory Garre is Chair of the firm’s Supreme Court & Appellate Practice and is widely considered one of the nation’s top appellate advocates. He handles a broad array of complex litigation matters at all levels of the federal and state court systems and counsels clients on constitutional, statutory, regulatory, and other legal matters.
- Nicholas J. DeNovio is Global Chair of Latham & Watkins’ International Tax Practice, and a frequent speaker at international tax seminars around the world, including on the topic of US Tax Reform. He has represented large US and non-US based multinational corporations on complex cross-border transactions involving mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, financings, and group structuring.
- Miriam Fisher is Global Chair of the Tax Controversy Practice of Latham & Watkins and a recognized leader in the field of tax controversy and litigation. Fisher successfully represents domestic and multi-national businesses, non-profits, and wealthy individuals in high-stakes tax disputes.
- Jean Pawlow is a partner in the Tax Controversy Practice. Recognized for her strengths in tax dispute resolution and as a leading tax litigator, Pawlow represents companies and individuals on high-profile tax controversy matters, often involving cross-border transactions and financial products.