As we have rounded the corner and wrapped up 2017 and have now begun 2018 with a fresh start, we note that the derivatives market and regulators, alike, have made significant progress in implementing market reforms and highlight issues that remain to be resolved in our webcast.
If you missed the live webcast, below is the link to the recorded version.
For further reading, please visit the Latham & Watkins Derivatives Practice page.
Derivatives Market Year in Review – Webcast
- CFTC Enforcement Updates
- CFTC Annual Enforcement Results
- Personnel, Structure, and Procedures
- Enforcement Priorities
- US Regulatory Updates
- FinTech/Virtual Currency
- Project KISS
- Position Limits + Aggregation Rules
- Proposed Regulation AT
- CFTC-EU Trading Venue Equivalence
- Uncleared Swap Margin Rules
- Recordkeeping and Registration Updates
- SEC Security-Based Swap Rulemaking
- EU Derivatives Regulatory Developments
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of our speakers.
Thought Leadership Resources
- US vs EU Margin Rules
Our updated resource guide lays out the margin requirements for uncleared over-the-counter derivatives transactions in a user-friendly comparative table – please bookmark the above link to ensure access to the most current clarifications of the rules.
- CFTC Proposes Interpretation of “Actual Delivery” for Virtual Currencies - January 19, 2018
- CFTC Publishes Long-Awaited Comparability Determination for EU Margin Rules - November 1, 2017
- CFTC Self-Reporting Policy Leaves Open Several Questions - October 6, 2017
- Whistling a Common Tune - June 12, 2017
- CFTC Releases New Enforcement Cooperation Guidelines - February 14, 2017